Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 May 18, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink1975
Helping Mickey

Mobile First timers at Universal

Although I last went 20yrs ago OH & 13yr DD have never been. Our level of rides are SM, 7DMT, BTMR etc. OH & DD would not go on anything that goes unpside down. Would there be enough for us to see/do at Universal? Waste of money or worth going just to say we’ve been ? Would be nice to see something different
Tink1975 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Are any of you Harry Potter fans? The Harry Potter areas are excellent for fans, the rides don't go upside down and aren't too intense at all really in my opinion. Then there's the shops and the Hogwart's Express and the pubs to go in, I love it! There's also the Jurassic park area that is really good if you're fans of that, good water ride similar to splash mountain, a bit where you "meet" a dinosaur, also really cool and well themed. A lot of the rides in the Universal parks are more 3D/4D style rides, like Transformers, King Kong, Spiderman and the Minions. The biggest rides are Hulk and Rip Ride Rockit, both really intense and big rides, personally I think they're biggest rides there are the rest are all similar in intensity to 7DMT, BTMR and SM. The atmosphere, the smells, the rides and the theming is all amazing at Universal in my opinion and I couldn't miss it out. Maybe have a look at some of the rides on the website or watch some youtube vlogs to give you a good idea of what the park is like?
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink1975
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Originally Posted by klr15 View Post
Are any of you Harry Potter fans?
Yes, one of the reasons why I’d like to go. Sounds like there might be enough for us to see and do..
Tink1975 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Romanoff13
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

There are a lot of 4D rides at Universal. My mum and sister don't like big rides but both love universal. Harry Potter x 3 (plus 2 train journeys), Spider Man, Transformers, Kong, Simpson, Men in Black, Shrek, Despicle Me, Jurassic Park, ET... There are parades and things going on around the parks. There's loads to DO. You can spend hours looking round the HP.. Only a few big ones to be honest, Mummy, Hulk, Ripit Rocket...
Old 11 May 18, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
mummy doesn't loop although it can be quite intensive but not to be missed.

There are some decent shows as well, one of the hidden gems is the horror make up show although the humour is distinctly adult !

She is much more intelligent than me
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

ashesmod's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I agree I'm not a huge fan of big big rides and Universal is great. Apart from the three mentioned rides all are all quite straight forward rides with drops yes but very little g-forces.

I would say if you can push yourself a little bit the mummy ride is great. The first scene in the ride is worth it and athough there is a speed start the overall ride can be compared to space mountain
ashesmod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We love Universal. My son doesn't like big drops and there is enough to entertain him.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Tink1975
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Thanks everyone I really want to go just got to convince OH now re extra cost, unless I can convince DD not to go DC this time! Would I be able to get a 1 day ticket?