Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Apr 18, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
hardly
Excited about Disney

Treble tesco vouchers use hotel.com.
hardly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 18, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
R3D4
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by hardly View Post
I'm using a fairfx card, great to use but offers no security, no one asks for a PIN number, rarely ask for a signature. If you lose it anyone could use it.
Needs another layer of security.
Have fun.
That's got nothing to do with the card you're using, it's just the way they seem to operate in the US.

Chip and Pin isn't really a "thing" over there.
R3D4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
pokerbanter
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by R3D4 View Post
That's got nothing to do with the card you're using, it's just the way they seem to operate in the US.

Actually i think it Is to do with the card. Regardless of chip n pin it should have an extra layer of security.

I dont know what features fairfx has but having used Revolut i can say that the issue the poster is talking about is not an issue on Revolut because it does have the extra layer of security they want. Namely that you can enable/disable the card only at the moments you are using it, so losing it is not as big a problem as it would be disabled.

Hope that makes sense.
pokerbanter is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
MargateDave
A Guest at All-Stars

woth keepin an eye out for dennys all u can eat pancakes normally bout four doller
MargateDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MargateDave View Post
woth keepin an eye out for dennys all u can eat pancakes normally bout four doller
I can usually only ever eat 2 or 3 before I'm full!
Old 19 Apr 18, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by R3D4 View Post

If someone steals your credit card and uses it without permission, you are not liable and get a full refund.
As Revolut etc are not offering credit as they only allow spending of a sum pre loaded (as I understand it) it does not appear you would still get the same Consumer Credit Act protections.
This makes a loaded Revolut card a risky proposition. You are much better off using a Post Office or Halifax credit card.
But don't take my word for it, read this thread
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1053968
It would appear you'd be entirely at the whim of Revolut showing you mercy.
There's no good reason to get one of these unless you can't get a credit card or are desparate to 'lock in' a rate.
As pointed out, in USA they don't often have chip and pin (getting more popular depending on area) and so a loaded Revolut card is a theifs' dream.

Edited at 12:58 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
pokerbanter
Excited about Disney

The Revolut card can be disabled completely by yourself until you are ready to use it. If you use the security features then its safe... if you dont use the security then you are asking for trouble if you lose it, obviously.

Its like having a safe in your room & yet leaving your ipad in a drawer with no lock. Use the security provided & its as safe as any other card... perhaps safer as its controlled instantly via the app on your phone.
pokerbanter is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
R3D4
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
If someone steals your credit card and uses it without permission, you are not liable and get a full refund.
As Revolut etc are not offering credit as they only allow spending of a sum pre loaded (as I understand it) it does not appear you would still get the same Consumer Credit Act protections.
This makes a loaded Revolut card a risky proposition. You are much better off using a Post Office or Halifax credit card.
But don't take my word for it, read this thread
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1053968
It would appear you'd be entirely at the whim of Revolut showing you mercy.
There's no good reason to get one of these unless you can't get a credit card or are desparate to 'lock in' a rate.
As pointed out, in USA they don't often have chip and pin (getting more popular depending on area) and so a loaded Revolut card is a theifs' dream.
Agree that you are protected a lot more with a pukka credit card than you are with a prepaid card. I maybe misread the post I quoted in that I thought the poster was claiming that it was because of the type of card that they were using was the reason that they weren't asked for a signature or pin when using it. That was what I was mainly getting at, not really whether the cards were more or less secure than others.

As noted below though, the Revolut card is pretty secure as long as you enable all the security features. Within the settings on the app you can freeze the card rendering it useless until such a time as you intend to use it, at which point you can turn it on again.

Originally Posted by pokerbanter View Post
The Revolut card can be disabled completely by yourself until you are ready to use it. If you use the security features then its safe... if you dont use the security then you are asking for trouble if you lose it, obviously.

Its like having a safe in your room & yet leaving your ipad in a drawer with no lock. Use the security provided & its as safe as any other card... perhaps safer as its controlled instantly via the app on your phone.
R3D4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
StealthyG
Earning More Ears

If you’re staying at a Disney Resort and will be the driver at some stage, wear your magic band on your left wrist.

This will enable you to open your resort barrier easily. Not sure all resorts have them but Coronado springs did.
StealthyG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
001_ATLANTIS
Serious Dibber

Put a few plastic bottles of water in the freezer at night and put them in the boot of your car first thing in the morning. If you spend the day at one of the parks you will find that they have 'melted' by the time you get back and are quite often still refreshingly cold. If you don't use then just re-freeze for the next day.
001_ATLANTIS is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List