jeanwales
Imagineer

jeanwales's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We did New York! and Loved it! Day Six

Tuesday

The final day had arrived!

Did our last skype with the men then we packed our cases and both of us had a fright as they were so heavy and we didn’t think we had bought much. Luckily I had taken the scales with us and we were both spot on the 23kgs after removing some shampoo etc that we had bought and used during the trip, I also changed my shoes for boots to travel home as they were lighter. We ate in La Pigalle again, the retuarant in the hotel and it was ok but nowhere near as good as our Perkins in Orlando!
We checked out and left the luggage no problem then walked towards the Rockefeller centre and radio city as we had wilcall tickets and had to get them exchanged before we could go into the 11am show, The box office opened at 10 and it was pandemonium with people trying to buy tickets. We managed to get ours sorted quite quickly then I found the NYFD museum and shop and managed to get John a couple of little souvenirs.

He collects model fire engines so felt pleased to get him a lovely New York one that I have wrapped for Christmas.
Had a stroll outside till it was time to go into the show.

I got the tickets for this show way back earlier in the year, thanks to Steve(highlander 447) who tipped me off with a link to get the tickets as soon as they appeared so we got really good seats. I decided to buy them for Barbara for her birthday which was on Saturday and was keeping it a surprise but the week before we came out I couldn’t keep quiet any longer and when we were at her house doing the final prep I showed her the video on line and said happy birthday!

The Radio City Christmas show brings for you the dazzling hit number from the world famous Rockettes. The Rockettes Christmas show boasts for its terrific box office record. The popularity of the concert has broken up all the shackles and is enjoyed by people of all ages. The Rockettes is going to fill your hearts with the brilliant compositions of " The Parade Of The Wooden Soldiers" and "The Living Nativity” The best part of the concert lies in the entry of Santa Claus and his reindeer. They take the audience to a romantic sleigh drive to the New York City.

The entrance was amazing. They had a massive chandelier and a wide staircase.

Clarion Inn formerly Comfort Inn LBV twice a year since 1991
jeanwales is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 08, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jeanwales
Imagineer

jeanwales's Reviews
It was absolutely packed and we made our way to our seats which were downstairs sort of in the middle and it was the best place to be. The stage is so wide (they actually have a double decker bus on it at some point Also lots of animals during the nativity scene. If anyone is going there this time of year – you have to do this show.

We left there and slowly walked back to the hotel with one last call in m & ms and a last peep at Times Square.

The car from Carmelimo came for us, just slightly late due to the horrendous traffic and we drove out to Newark and checked in no problem and settled down for our 7.30 flight back to Manchester. Smooth flight no problems and then I had the lucky position of driving back to Anglesey to our house and then Barbaras husband was there and he took her home and I crashed into bed for a couple of hours then got up and bored John to death with it all for a few hours!

Good bits

All of it!

Yes all of it. We both loved every single minute of it. Trying to work out our best bit was so hard, we really couldn’t – although some of the big highs were our first look at Times Square at night, the top of the Empire State building, that view across the falls and the Christmas show – oh yes and Mama Mia – oh yes and the boat trip - oh yes and the Hilton Garden Inn hotel, an amazing great customer service place………………..see I could go on and on.

Any bad bits?

Mmmmmmmmm Now we are home, definitely not! While we were there….the queasy feeling in the helicopter and also the long long journey to the falls.

So if any of you want to go to New York then just do it.
We have planned and saved a whole year for the trip and we were worried that there might be an anti climax but there wasn’t and we have to the most lovely memories.
I will be lost now not having to check things our for New York any more.

We plan to do Prague next November but although I am sure it will be lovely, not quite as much planning needed!

Thankyou again for reading. Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. The memories from this holiday will live with me for the rest of my life
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

jeanwales is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 08, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Thanks for sharing your trip Jean, pics have been great as have the reports
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 08, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Once again Jean thank you for taking the trouble to do this report. New York is a place that I have never wanted to do, not a city person, but I have really enjoyed every detail you have put in. Your photo's have been superb, you definitely have an "eye" for a good photo x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 08, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Jean, I've really enjoyed reading these and am sooooo excited about my trip in Feb. I'll probably drive you mad with questions for a few months.

Thanks for taking the time to write this
Old 4 Dec 08, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you Jean - I really enjoyed your reports, brought back such lovely memories of all my trips there - usually at the same time of the year! I will miss not having any more to read.
Old 4 Dec 08, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Soon
Imagineer

Thanks for your reports Jean have loved reading them. I do not know anything about the radio city show, could you let me have the link to see if I can get tickets for next week
Old 4 Dec 08, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jeanwales
Imagineer

jeanwales's Reviews
Originally Posted by Orlando Soon View Post
Thanks for your reports Jean have loved reading them. I do not know anything about the radio city show, could you let me have the link to see if I can get tickets for next week
So well worth it if you can get the time
xxx
christmas.radiocity/

Old 4 Dec 08, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post

amazing trippie jean! well done! would love to do newyork xxxxxxxxxx
Old 4 Dec 08, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
pepsicube
Imagineer

Thanks for the trippie Jean and the photos - I've enjoyed it all.
I also blame you for my new found desire to return to NY and visit Niagara!
pepsicube is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List