Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 6 Jul 16, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Good to hear - my DS fancies Acadia National Park.

I am trying to visit all fifty states (33 so far), and haven't yet done Vermont, New Hampshire or Maine. It seems like that area could be enjoyed in one driving holiday...
We stayed in Vermont and New Hampshire as well. Both lovely but would probably only stay again in Massachusetts, Vermont and Maine if we returned.
Old 7 Jul 16, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
We stayed in Vermont and New Hampshire as well. Both lovely but would probably only stay again in Massachusetts, Vermont and Maine if we returned.
Ah, but New Hampshire's state motto is "Live Free or Die"! I want to meet these people...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 16, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Ah, but New Hampshire's state motto is "Live Free or Die"! I want to meet these people...

Good motto.

New Hampshire was lovely. Just feel if we went again would want to stay a bit longer in each place we visit.

Old 10 Jul 16, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post

I know exactly what you mean.
Old 17 Jul 16, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Jesslydevie1
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Just found this report , I would have been having a meltdown over the tree's ! Looking forward to reading and I love your writing style and humour. I can tell am going to enjoy this !
Old 20 Jul 16, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Jesslydevie1 View Post
Just found this report , I would have been having a meltdown over the tree's ! Looking forward to reading and I love your writing style and humour. I can tell am going to enjoy this !
Thank you for your kind words...

Knowing somebody's enjoying it makes it A LOT easier to knuckle down and get it done!
Old 24 Jul 16, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I'm so very sorry to laugh at all your misfortunes (and I promise I wouldn't if it hadn't turned out well!) but what a day!

I shall remember "pleasantly disappointing" and use it in future

Shame there was no red "grumpy" face button for the Dublin man. What an obnoxious buffoon!
Old 24 Jul 16, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I'm so very sorry to laugh at all your misfortunes (and I promise I wouldn't if it hadn't turned out well!) but what a day!

I shall remember "pleasantly disappointing" and use it in future

Shame there was no red "grumpy" face button for the Dublin man. What an obnoxious buffoon!
...and I shall remember "obnoxious buffoon"!

I was more than a little annoyed that at Dublin I (who was born in Ireland and have an OVERTLY Irish surname) wasn't trustworthy, but that my ENGLISH husband was...

...it reminded me of the time that DH and I were in Las Vegas and our waitress kept calling DH "My Lord"...now really, he has a lovely accent, but PLEASE!
Old 30 Jul 16, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Just found your trip report, we are planning a Washington DC trip. What a day you had, hope it's smooth sailing from here.

We've stayed lots of times at this Premier Inn, they charge extra (I think €2) for using a credit card but a debit card has no extra charge.

Off to read the rest of your report
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 16, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
Just found your trip report, we are planning a Washington DC trip. What a day you had, hope it's smooth sailing from here.

We've stayed lots of times at this Premier Inn, they charge extra (I think €2) for using a credit card but a debit card has no extra charge.

Off to read the rest of your report

Mostly smooth sailing, thankfully - though the day I'm posting today (Day 11) was a bit of a curate's egg...

Thanks for the info re: Swords Premier Inn. I'm going to have to hunt up my currency card charges from last year and see if I was charged extra or not. I never quite understand if those "count" as debit or credit cards...

Thanks for reading!