Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 16 Aug 16, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

I just did a search for Washington and Boston trip reports as looking at visiting one of them, but can't decide which! Then I found this bad boy that covers them both - result!

So annoying at Dublin for you! As for the tree saga, I would have just cried! Looking forward to reading more
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 16, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
I just did a search for Washington and Boston trip reports as looking at visiting one of them, but can't decide which! Then I found this bad boy that covers them both - result!

So annoying at Dublin for you! As for the tree saga, I would have just cried! Looking forward to reading more
I hope the trippie will be a tiny bit helpful...I know most people won't be going to figure skating competitions...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
what a travel day!
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by disney owl View Post
what a travel day!
Tell me about it!

I came unglued when I saw the massive tree blocking the lane - there was mud and water everywhere and the last thing I wanted was to try and climb over the tree (with all our luggage) to get to the taxi...

Thanks for coming along with us -
Old 10 Apr 17, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
what a stressful start. I would have been so panicked! Glad you all got to Dublin though (eventually)
Old 10 Apr 17, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by RachelM View Post
what a stressful start. I would have been so panicked! Glad you all got to Dublin though (eventually)
No lie, I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

And I KNOW I should ADMIRE the fact that DH keeps his cool with things like this - but I don't - it just annoys me. I'm a bad wife...

Tomorrow's journey was much easier, though - thankfully.

Thanks for checking in!
Old 2 Jun 17, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

It's Friday!

Passport control was obviously just recreating the experience of US immigration as you were going to be missing out this trip.

I hate 'airport' hotels that you can't actually walk to/from. Very misleading. I need to be on the doorstep to avoid being killed in a car crash on the way to check in. I'm not kidding, that's my reasoning.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Tree. In the road! Wasn't expecting that as the start of the first travel day. Normally I'm racing round like a loony emptying and then cleaning out the fridges as I like to make sure they at least get cleaned out semi-annually the idea of dealing with a felled tree would probably have sent me over the edge of the abyss.

It's a good thing you got through Irish immigration without any hiccups and that you had a lovely dinner to make up for the shocking start

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
It's Friday!

Passport control was obviously just recreating the experience of US immigration as you were going to be missing out this trip.

I hate 'airport' hotels that you can't actually walk to/from. Very misleading. I need to be on the doorstep to avoid being killed in a car crash on the way to check in. I'm not kidding, that's my reasoning.

I hear you, my friend. I like this website to find hotels that are actually CONNECTED to the airport:

sleepinginairports/

No choice at Dublin, though. Nothing attached to the airport!

The immigration man at Dublin was such a miserable sumbuck! And I DETEST it when men try to intimidate me but then act all buddy-buddy with R.C...

Oh, those little women - they get all hysterical, don't they? We men - we UNDERSTAND each other.

Vomit.

This is going to be so weird for you to read - you know us so well now! Let's hope THIS prequel is better than...

Thanks for coming back to see us. You're the best.

Edited at 06:23 PM.
Old 2 Jun 17, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Tree. In the road! Wasn't expecting that as the start of the first travel day. Normally I'm racing round like a loony emptying and then cleaning out the fridges as I like to make sure they at least get cleaned out semi-annually the idea of dealing with a felled tree would probably have sent me over the edge of the abyss.

It's a good thing you got through Irish immigration without any hiccups and that you had a lovely dinner to make up for the shocking start
Abby!

It's so incredibly sweet of you and Colette to keep up the Friday tradition. Thank you.

And...YES. My normal travel day rituals are:

1. Empty every bin in the house

2. Scrub out my kitchen sink

3. Set the light timers

Chainsaws are not usually required.

And I'm not going to describe that dinner as "lovely". I'll go as far as "adequate", though.

R.C. has a weird thing about eating in the hotel restaurant - and after he sawed up a tree for me on four hours sleep, I wasn't about to argue with him.