Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Sep 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Neil & Stella
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
What an interesting report, well done.

So much of what you say resonates with me, especially Disney Springs. We just treat it as an area to have a walk and don't even look in the windows let alone go in the shops.

A very different holiday but sounds lovely. Hope your medical issue is on the mend. So debilitating to be ill when away.
Like peeing razorwire Tom

It was very different and so much more relaxing. We tried a road trip a couple of years ago and we didn't really enjoy having to unpack every night, so in future when we go to the US we'll be booking a villa or whole house through AirBnB and travelling at most a few hours away from that base, maybe having odd nights away.

DS is little more than a mall these days. We have loved doing Disney for 20+ years, but it's just a money pit these days and we didn't miss it one bit.
Old 22 Sep 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like you had a great time. We thought about going to the old town for the car show. Is it Friday and Saturday, also is it easy to park not bothered about the $10 for parking just to know we can park.
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Neil & Stella
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by tomdan View Post
Sounds like you had a great time. We thought about going to the old town for the car show. Is it Friday and Saturday, also is it easy to park not bothered about the $10 for parking just to know we can park.
We got there about 6 o'clock on the Friday and there was loads of space in the pay car park. If you get there earlier you might blag a free on street space, but like you we thought, what's $10 in the grand scheme of a Florida holiday.

Saturday is supposed to busier as it's more classic cars, but the pay car park is plenty big enough.
Old 22 Sep 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Sounds like you had a great holiday. We didn’t do the parks this year except for MNSSHP and a last minute decision to do Universal as we were staying at Hard Rock for 2 nights. Had a great meal at Olive Garden on I Drive dh really enjoyed it too. We usually do Texas Roadhouse first night as a start of holiday ritual but as we didn’t have our boys with us we just couldn’t do it but have always had a great meal there especially the warm bread. It makes for a much more relaxed holiday not doing all parks and we too didn’t do the usual holiday bickering that we do as we just went with the flow. Hope you are feeling better soon.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Joirish
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Hi - sounds like you had a fabulous time. I've recently booked for our 1st trip to Orlando (me & 2 teenagers) and have booked 7 nights at the Springhill Suites SeaWorld so its reassuring to hear an excellent review. Our last 4 nights we then swap to the Endless Summer Resort at Universal.
Can I just ask regarding Discovery Cove, did you feel that you missed out not doing the dolphin swim or is there still more than enough to make it a fabulous day out ?
Joirish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We really liked Ford's Garage too.
Really interested in the kayaking for next time (whenever that's going to be), I'll certainly look that up
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Neil and Stella, your chockie is the spitting image of my beloved Bella who sadly passed away this February, they could have been 'twins'.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Sounds amazing Hope you feel better soon x
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Neil & Stella
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Joirish View Post
Hi - sounds like you had a fabulous time. I've recently booked for our 1st trip to Orlando (me & 2 teenagers) and have booked 7 nights at the Springhill Suites SeaWorld so its reassuring to hear an excellent review. Our last 4 nights we then swap to the Endless Summer Resort at Universal.
Can I just ask regarding Discovery Cove, did you feel that you missed out not doing the dolphin swim or is there still more than enough to make it a fabulous day out ?
We have previously stayed at Rosen@PointOrloando and the Springhill Suites are far superior. Much more modern, spacious rooms and so clean. The loo is separate from the shower room, so with two teens it should be easier. The pool is open until 11pm too.

No we didn't feel that we missed out, to be honest I thought it look a bit contrived. Our interaction with the manatees on the kayak tour was much more natural. You can get up close to the dolphins at SeaWorld anyway. Still plenty to keep us occupied for the day. Have a look at these or something similar instead of using the free snorkel and mask they supply. They're brilliant.

amazon/HOBFU-180%C...22014054&psc=1
Old 23 Sep 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Neil & Stella
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by patjeff63 View Post
Neil and Stella, your chockie is the spitting image of my beloved Bella who sadly passed away this February, they could have been 'twins'.
Our Rocky. He died about 6 years ago. Certainly doesn't feel that long.