Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 14 Sep 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
asdageek
Imagineer

Portugal

We were meant to be going to Orlando on Sunday but changed our plans earlier in the year when life threw some curve balls our way...sore one but we will get back over again at some point. Anyways we are still lucky enough to be going to Portugal on Wed for 7 nights self catering. Never been on a hol like this before can I ask do you think €100 a day for 2 adults is enough? Not sure if I should add to it or use bank card towards end if we are short? To add I dont drink but my hubby will x
asdageek is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It is quite a while since we visited Portugal and I believe prices have risen. Villamoura area restaurants will be more expensive than areas like Lagos. A tip to keep the bill down is to tell your waiter you do not wish to have the appetisers they leave on the table. Plates of bread, olives and pate are left on the table, tourists think they are free but find €4 or so euros each added to the bill and they haven’t even asked for them !
If you are self catering could you take some breakfast cereals with you from home. We always found Pingo Doce to be the best and the cheapest supermarket.

I’m sure if you have a back up of a credit card ( preferably with no fees) you will be fine.
Have a good time, we love Portugal.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by asdageek View Post
We were meant to be going to Orlando on Sunday but changed our plans earlier in the year when life threw some curve balls our way...sore one but we will get back over again at some point. Anyways we are still lucky enough to be going to Portugal on Wed for 7 nights self catering. Never been on a hol like this before can I ask do you think €100 a day for 2 adults is enough? Not sure if I should add to it or use bank card towards end if we are short? To add I dont drink but my hubby will x
I go to Villamoura every year.

In June a decent meal in most of the restaurants around the marina was about 25 euro each tops. This us a shared starter such as a garlic bread, and a main course with a beer.

Many bars around the marina are very cheap on wine and beer if you drink Superboc etc. There's an Irish Bar on the marina with a water wheel, Superboc 4 euro a pint I think or thereabouts may be less. In that location it's not bad. Go off marina and I was paying 2 euro.

Get a Halifax or Post Office credit card, we have both and spend on that for best exchange rate.

Edited at 01:10 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
asdageek
Imagineer

Mobile

Great thanks for the replies feeling better about spends now 😊
Old 14 Sep 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We are off to Portugal on Friday! Staying in the algarve... we are also just two adults! I think that it is very doable on that budget! If you have breakfast/ lunch in your accommodation self catering you’ll be fine! The super markets out there are very cheap, as are the meals out! My OH knows a few bars that do 99 cent pints so I think it’s cheap enough!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List