Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Sep 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Nutmonkey
Trying for More Ears

Loews Royal Pacific Club Benefits

Hi all,

Finally sorting out my next Florida holiday 8 years after my first!

We have a villa booked for 2 weeks but are now looking at adding on 3 nights at the beginning of our stay and booking into Royal Pacific to make use of the Universal express passes.

I am trying to decide if it is worth the extra for the club rooms seeing as we are planning to hit the Universal parks early everyday and stay as late as possible so won't be spending too much time in the hotel.

Pricing up we can get 3 nights in a standard Queen room for £878 or in a club room for £1124. This is for 2ad & 2ch... will I be able to make use of the benefits enough to justify the additional £250ish ?

Thanks 🙂
Nutmonkey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

We’ve found that with an on-site stay we don’t stay in the parks from early in the morning, then all day until late evening.

If we want to do both morning and evening we spend the afternoon around the pool, often taking advantage of the evening snacks/drinks, before heading back out to the park.

And for 3 early morning accesses, we’d probably have breakfast in the club room at least once. But everyone is different.

We’ve had 1 night at HRH club room and 1 night at RPR club room on 2 separate trips. And we’ve also stayed at HRH exclusively for 14 nights - as a family of 4.

If it were me, I’d upgrade.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

This is the difference between staying in a villa and staying onsite.

I imagine a villa stayer gets to the parks and stays for as long as possible because the effort involved in getting back to the parking garage through City Walk, driving back to the villa and then later coming back to the parks is a massive headache so most people wouldn't do it.

Onsite consists for us of eating in club lounge for breakfast, we are usually up and ready to go, so breakfast at 7am, back to the room to collect park bags and into parks for opening.

Early afternoon we walk back to the hotel, eat the snacks on offer, either sleep or go down to the pool, back to club lounge for food at 4.30pm then back into the park. Later we will catch the tail end of sweet treats between 8-9.

Because we have FOLP it means we get to ride every ride we want, there is no rush because we have several days of FOLP.
August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Potterer View Post
This is the difference between staying in a villa and staying onsite.

I imagine a villa stayer gets to the parks and stays for as long as possible because the effort involved in getting back to the parking garage through City Walk, driving back to the villa and then later coming back to the parks is a massive headache so most people wouldn't do it.

Onsite consists for us of eating in club lounge for breakfast, we are usually up and ready to go, so breakfast at 7am, back to the room to collect park bags and into parks for opening.

Early afternoon we walk back to the hotel, eat the snacks on offer, either sleep or go down to the pool, back to club lounge for food at 4.30pm then back into the park. Later we will catch the tail end of sweet treats between 8-9.

Because we have FOLP it means we get to ride every ride we want, there is no rush because we have several days of FOLP.
Wow that’s very true. Was the food throughout the day enough? So simply snacks they serve?
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post

We could have got a club room for the same price as the site which we decided to get. For us (travelling as a couple) it was not worth it as unlikely we would eat anything but breakfast there. However I think it starts to make sense with a larger group.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Originally Posted by GoofyK View Post
Wow that’s very true. Was the food throughout the day enough? So simply snacks they serve?
It varies. Salads, soups, fruit, cheese, pastries. They tend to theme the days (or used to), and so on an evening you may get chicken skewers or mac n cheese etc along with beer & wine.

On an afternoon it’s handy for cold soft drinks and snacks too.

Edited at 11:35 AM.
Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Nutmonkey
Trying for More Ears

Thank you all,

What kind of foods do they usually offer between 4:30-6:30?

Also, as far as fast passes go... we are aiming to check in on a Weds afternoon and have 3 nights there before moving to a Villa on the Saturday. Will the fast passes cover us for the Weds, Thurs & Fri or the Thurs, Fri & Sat? And can you use the club facilities on the Saturday?

Thanks
Nutmonkey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Express Pass will be valid from Wednesday right through til you leave the park on Saturday (always valid for day of check in AND day of check out).

For me, Club Level isn't worth it at all because we stay in the parks all day. Sure, it might not seem like far to the hotel but it's still a bit of a walk (or a wait for a water taxi) and can easily take you half an hour there and back, depending on where you are in the park. I just can't be bothered to walk there and back again during the day and also wouldn't want to waste park time. Other people do, of course, just not how we like to do it
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Does universal hotels has offers like Disney does? Like free dinning or discount as such? Shud I book for next summer now? Or shud I wait?
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Originally Posted by GoofyK View Post
Does universal hotels has offers like Disney does? Like free dinning or discount as such? Shud I book for next summer now? Or shud I wait?
If you have an annual pass you can get discounts in the park, but staying at their hotels doesn’t offer you dining plans.

If you stay club level at one of the 3 hotels below you get access to the lounge with snacks and drinks.

Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific, Portofino Bay.

Staying at one of those 3 hotels also gets you front of the line passes, which is one of the main reasons people stay for one night.

You’re better off booking in advance but shop around.