Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 21 Sep 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Walk , black cab or Uber Euston to St Pancras
Taking the Victoria line with luggage would be utter insanity .
Cabs won’t go from Euston to St. Pancras. I tried when we went to DLP as my mum is in her 70s and had a huge suitcase. However they refused due to the short distance. This is how I know I can push two huge cases and carry two handbags and a backpack that far 🙄 😂 Would be difficult in the rain though I think.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Getting to Gatwick driving is a doddle (less then 5 mins off the m23! With no stupid huge roundabouts like Heathrow!)
You can book an Addison Lee cab Euston to VIC be easier then the tube (turn the wrong way on the vic line and it’s a right old pain getting up to the station) or as others have said walk to st pancreas if your able. Nice and simple, if you you travel light the tube would be fine, if your loaded with cases and children I’d cab it, drive it, or consider a flight down the night before?
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

The walk between Euston and St panc is less then 1/2mile and is simple, if you have wheeled cases as many do now you should have no issue. Either go direct down Euston road or look on the map for phoenix road its quieter.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

We flew back to Gatwick a couple of years ago and caught the Thameslink train to St Pancras and was going to walk to Euston as it isn’t far but it was pouring down so got an Uber instead.

Edited at 09:22 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vhm672 View Post
Probably because it is the quicker train.
St Pancras to Gatwick is 56 minutes add on 10 minutes walk or 5 in an Uber

7 minutes and two sets of escalators Euston to Victoria or 26 mins Uber or cab and 30 minutes Victoria to Gatwick

Very little difference if you cab to Victoria ... 5 minutes saving ... not sure it's worth the extra money for five minutes... especially when adding in potential for Victoria line delays.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
St Pancras to Gatwick is 56 minutes add on 10 minutes walk or 5 in an Uber

7 minutes and two sets of escalators Euston to Victoria or 26 mins Uber or cab and 30 minutes Victoria to Gatwick

Very little difference if you cab to Victoria ... 5 minutes saving ... not sure it's worth the extra money for five minutes... especially when adding in potential for Victoria line delays.
True although still absolutely true it is the quicker train. Also if you can take the tube then it is a good deal quicker, and I don’t find Victoria bad as a line unlike my more normal lines of circle and central which are constantly disrupted.

As previous posters say I would not count on taxi or Uber from Euston to st Pancras as firstly it is so close that they are unlikely to want he fare and also arrive at the wrong time and that road is pure grid lock.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

As a Londoner I'd walk in the rain rather than take an unnecessary tube journey and have to hump my bags up the steps at Victoria (there's no ramp) though

I do the same with Heathrow though , rather than mess about with a tube change plus the Victoria steps I'll either use National to Victoria or use the Feltham link.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List