Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 22 Sep 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Go^uk
Earning My Ears

Orlando Magic Basketball?

Heading to Orlando in October. No Disney, which is a first for us (maybe a trip to Disney Springs though!)

We are doing HHN and KSC. Plus, looking for other none WDW experiences... Orlando Magic have a pre-season game and I’ve never been to a basketball game before.

Has anyone tried this? Looks good value. Trying to decide if we should give it a bash and whether to opt for the ultimate package? (Free food, drink, premium seats etc)?
Go^uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
ElTel
Excited about Disney

Would highly recommend it - really good entertainment, the venue is really good as well.

Pre-season tickets will be cheap, as they will rotate the team a lot so might be a great chance to upgrade and enjoy better seats, food, drink etc - especially as buying food and drink from the normal outlets at the Amway is quite expensive.
ElTel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Malificent
Imagineer

Mobile

It is a fantastic experience. The Amway Center is a great venue.
Without hesitation I would recommend it.
Old 24 Sep 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

We did it a few years back, got decent tickets on a resale site as it was pre-season. Tickets included food & drink vouchers and also parking in the garage that was connected to the stadium.

We all enjoyed the evening
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Thinking of the Amway next year to see the Solar Bears. Can anyone recommend parking? I know there is a garage next door at $20, but any other recommended options?
Old 25 Sep 19, 03:07 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

I can recommend both Magic and Solar Bears games. I am not much of a sports fan but really enjoyed both.
Old 25 Sep 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ElTel
Excited about Disney

There are lots of parking options available on game nights, naturally the further away from the Amway, the cheaper it becomes!

For peace of mind and as we're with a reasonably young family, we tend to use the Geico garage that is connected to the centre - it's the most expensive, naturally, but is well lit, safe and no chance of getting lost when coming out in the dark in a crowd.

It's an extra $10, so worth it to avoid panicked kids!
ElTel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Go^uk View Post
Heading to Orlando in October. No Disney, which is a first for us (maybe a trip to Disney Springs though!)

We are doing HHN and KSC. Plus, looking for other none WDW experiences... Orlando Magic have a pre-season game and I’ve never been to a basketball game before.

Has anyone tried this? Looks good value. Trying to decide if we should give it a bash and whether to opt for the ultimate package? (Free food, drink, premium seats etc)?
It’s great fun - you should go and I’m not a basketball fan ! Your call on the package I just get tickets on the day

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
aimo
Getting Excited

We were thinking about going to see a basket ball game too. Are there any outlets where you can get last minute cheap tickets?
aimo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
ElTel
Excited about Disney

I use StubHub - it's a resale site but normally pick up very cheap tickets that are automatically sent to you for digital use on your phone at the venue.

If you leave it until day before or day of the game prices come down a lot