Notices

Old 21 Apr 18, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

A city break to Warsaw, Feb half term 2019

Have been checking for flights for next February and found the Ryan air flights loaded.
I have a group of good friends that I see regularly, they go away once a year which I normally miss out on as they go term time and I work in a school. We decided to book a city break and decided on next February half term. Unfortunately all the holiday gang couldn’t make it but I’m happy most of them could.
Basically we wanted the cheapest flights to cities that are not in the euro to keep costs down. Bratislava is on our list of city breaks but the flights were expensive so I looked at Krakow and Warsaw. They were roughly the same price but we have visited Krakow and although we really enjoyed it we decided to try somewhere new.
So, details so far, flights Stansted to Warsaw (Modlin) departing 8.55 on Saturday 16th February and coming home 15.35 Tuesday 19th. Other flights were available, but these were the best times. The return price is £74.31 each which includes pre booked seats at £3 each way. I booked on the computer, so you get a choice of choosing certain seats at a discounted rate, I dont think you can do this on the app.
I booked it last night, for 6 people, not going to lie, I was having a panic attack about booking for us all. Normally we do it together, or at least another person checking but as we wanted to it sorted before the price changed and as the others were leaving for London early today for a couple of nights, it was down to me. I was triple checking all the names and was on facebook messenger to a couple of the other girls taking photos of everything and sending them before I pressed the pay button
I know holidays with friends is some peoples idea of hell, but we have been doing it for years, and still going strong.
So, here we all are...
Me, Julie, 43, trip writer and only dibber of the group, so I can write what I like about them

I always have sunnies ready for photos
Next is my sister Steph, 56

Linda, she hates people knowing her age but I will say she’s reaching a special birthday soon and looks a lot younger than she is

Debbie, 56

Sandy, 48

I did book for our friend Jules but she had to pull out because of illness.

Three more people have added on, they booked their own flights.
Kim, 56

Tracy, 45

And my best friend from college, Martin, 43

Sandy has booked 3 apartments near the old town, all in the same building, 2x4 and 1x2. This was £65 each for the three nights.
Myself, Steph, Debbie, Linda, Tracy and Sandy will be travelling ti the airport together, Sandy booked a taxi for us all which was £33 each return.
Kim will be driving from Leicester and Martin will be getting the train from London.

Edited at 01:36 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

Sounds like a fun trip...well done on booking flights at such a good price (and taking the lead )

I am currently researching Krakow for April, flights not loaded yet so need to be patient

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by christybell View Post
Sounds like a fun trip...well done on booking flights at such a good price (and taking the lead )

I am currently researching Krakow for April, flights not loaded yet so need to be patient
Thank you, I am really looking forward to it. I haven't been on a girlie trip for a couple of years.

We loved Krakow and like to stay out of the euro zones for city breaks, it so much cheaper. I was checking every day for the flight, they were showing as unavailable before they were loaded onto the website.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List