Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Sep 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We did a similar project in Feb 2017 - wiped everything and put stone down. People would frown at the no grass bit but we have not regretted it one minute. After rain it dries up really quickly - no more soggy lawn. When the sun is out, it heats up the stone so you get ”underfloor heating” almost giving a mediterranean feel. We spend so much more time out in the garden now - the kids play football and one of those bounce back tennis things.

I can recommend putting in raised beds - we have and it is so nice to not hving to bend down to do weeding and pruning. We put in a rose climber against the back fence in the raise bed and that has now grown to be a real feature and smells lovely. Also we put in a string of lights around the whole garden which I absolutely love in the evenings.

Old 1 Sep 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Your garden transformation is coming along nicely, we really need to sort ours but holidays just keep getting in the way!
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Looks lovely well done you.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Wow looks great and so big. The flags have gone down really quickly.
Thanks, I am so impatient it feels like it is taking ages lol though I just want to get out there and use it now. I feel like it is teasing me.

Originally Posted by zokaluse View Post
Patio is the same flags as mine I think! X

It’s huge & I hope you get to enjoy it lots! X
We must have great taste I am really pleased with the flags. it definitely has exceeded my expectations. I can't wait to get out there and enjoy it

Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
Can't believe the difference, lovely, well done!
Thanks, It really is a massive difference I am so please that we decided to do it and it has been kind for MIL to loan us the money while we sort out our finances. I feel bad borrowing money but it has been worth it

Originally Posted by Cuxi View Post
What a transformation, unbelievable.
Thanks, I have to pinch myself it really is unbelievable

Originally Posted by Tigger71 View Post
We did a similar project in Feb 2017 - wiped everything and put stone down. People would frown at the no grass bit but we have not regretted it one minute. After rain it dries up really quickly - no more soggy lawn. When the sun is out, it heats up the stone so you get ”underfloor heating” almost giving a mediterranean feel. We spend so much more time out in the garden now - the kids play football and one of those bounce back tennis things.

I can recommend putting in raised beds - we have and it is so nice to not hving to bend down to do weeding and pruning. We put in a rose climber against the back fence in the raise bed and that has now grown to be a real feature and smells lovely. Also we put in a string of lights around the whole garden which I absolutely love in the evenings.

[/APP]
Thanks , Yours looks amazing. I think we have made the right decision having ours paved. Like you I am aware it's not everyone's idea of their perfect garden . This is our forever home and it suits our lifestyle. Your plants look amazing might start with a few pots and maybe if we can afford it in a few years the beds look like a lovey addition.

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Your garden transformation is coming along nicely, we really need to sort ours but holidays just keep getting in the way!
Thanks, We have been doing the same tbh. I feel a bit upset we left it so long Ours is different to most though. If we had something usable we wouldn't have been spending money doing it up we would have just put up with it lol.
All of the ground was uneven , had bricks and glass in it wasn't exactly child friendly. The only place the kids could go was on the trampoline. They are so excited to be able to use it

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
Looks lovely well done you.
Thanks I feel we have been fortunate that the landscapers have been so good especially with any unforeseen problems, they really have transformed it. Can't wait for the next few days and the finished product...Then over time I can add plants and make it look pretty
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Mobile

A bit of a late update due to the water pipe inthe middle of the garden we had to wait for the water company to come out and repair it. So here are the pics

Other than some painting and needing some plants (next years job ) it is complete . I have to say life changing the kids have been enjoying using this space and so have I
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Looks nice. May I ask why all those animals are hanging out on your line

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. Looks nice. May I ask why all those animals are hanging out on your line
Thanks
Lol they are salvaged favourites of the kids I have only just had chance to sort the last bits from moving and they still had a smell of smoke . They are now happy and having lots of cuddles besides we thought it was only fair that they got to enjoy the new outside space
Old 23 Sep 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Looks lovely - well worth the money.
Old 23 Sep 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by returnplanning View Post
Looks lovely - well worth the money.
Thank you I completely agree the guys were so hard working have done an amazing job and it has completely changed our whole house which sounds a bit stupid.

Makes me realise how much we wasted this space and I am so glad we have it now.
Old 23 Sep 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Looks great!