Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 21 Aug 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile Can some one ‘sell’ the Disney cruise to me?

I’m close on pulling the trigger on my plans for 2020.

Giving serious thought about the three day Halloween Disney cruise from canaveral.

Then i watched a YouTube walk through and it’s totally out me off.

The rooms were very small for 2a and 2c. On board other than a lot of places to eat and drink.

Then I looked at the itinerary and that’s all it seems to be used for. That and sleeping.

Going to castaway cay and the Bahamas sounds great.

Then I saw you don’t get free alcohol on board and pointed out all the places you can buy stuff.

I’m sure it would cost probably close to £3500 for 3 nights. And on the first day it’s on at 4pm and the last day off at 730am. So only really 2 days on board

I’m seeing it all in a negative light.

Can someone sell me the positives? Please
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Personal opinion but I’d do the Royal one to the new Coco Cay. It’s a lot better island than the Disney one, it will probably save you $1000+ and that’s after you’ve bought the family drinks packages and Coco Cay water park tickets (if you want them).
Old 21 Aug 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

I booked ours on the day it was released, £2600 for 2 adults & 2 children with a verandah, 4 nights. I think the room will be perfectly big enough to accommodate us given that its for a relatively short period of time.
You can take 6 beers or 2 bottles of wine onboard with you per adult which is enough for us on such a short trip.

If you're open to trying other cruise lines there are cheaper options. I nearly booked with Royal Caribbean but the Disney fan in me made the decision.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
I booked ours on the day it was released, £2600 for 2 adults & 2 children with a verandah, 4 nights. I think the room will be perfectly big enough to accommodate us given that its for a relatively short period of time.
You can take 6 beers or 2 bottles of wine onboard with you per adult which is enough for us on such a short trip.

If you're open to trying other cruise lines there are cheaper options. I nearly booked with Royal Caribbean but the Disney fan in me made the decision.
Cheers.

Do they actually search you for that kind of thing - contraband

Can you give me an idea why or what makes it a good thing to do?
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We really enjoyed our three day cruise. Yes. The rooms are small but they are actually very comfortable and quite large compared to other cruise lines.

You can board quite early so you can get 2 1/2 days but you are definitely off early on the last morning.

The entertainment is excellent. Loads of characters everywhere. Evening shows are superb. Castaway cay is lovely. Restaurants are very good. We really enjoyed it but we didn’t pay much as we used DVC points. Whenever I look at the price I can’t justify it.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We booked the 4 night one directly with DCL for £1,552 for a veranda stateroom. We'll be on by mid day approx on day 1, then have 3 more full days, and breakfast on the final day, onboard with all food, soft drinks, entertainment, shows, great personal service etc included.
I don't think that's bad really compared to Mediteranean cruises and the size of the staterooms is around the same cruise industry wide.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 09:56 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by papasmurf View Post
Cheers.

Do they actually search you for that kind of thing - contraband

Can you give me an idea why or what makes it a good thing to do?
Every cruise ship searches every piece of lugguage coming on board at every stop
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by papasmurf View Post
I’m close on pulling the trigger on my plans for 2020.

Giving serious thought about the three day Halloween Disney cruise from canaveral.

Then i watched a YouTube walk through and it’s totally out me off.

The rooms were very small for 2a and 2c. On board other than a lot of places to eat and drink.

Then I looked at the itinerary and that’s all it seems to be used for. That and sleeping.

Going to castaway cay and the Bahamas sounds great.

Then I saw you don’t get free alcohol on board and pointed out all the places you can buy stuff.

I’m sure it would cost probably close to £3500 for 3 nights. And on the first day it’s on at 4pm and the last day off at 730am. So only really 2 days on board

I’m seeing it all in a negative light.

Can someone sell me the positives? Please
What attracted you to it in the first place? I have done this cruise although as an all adult party, and enjoyed it but have cruised before so size of cabin and the cost of alcohol / focus on food is not a surprise. I had a great relaxed time and enjoyed castaway cay and fireworks at sea.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Greenapple
Excited about Disney

We did a 7 night western Caribbean cruise with Disney in 2016. Loved it. We've booked the 7 night Eastern Caribbean for Easter break 2020.
It is expensive but it is a premium cruise. We found all the food great. The kids clubs (free from age 3 - 21) excellent, my daughter wanted to be there all the time. Castaway Cay was paradise, felt so secure and clean. The evening shows were broadway standard. One of our best holidays.
Greenapple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vhm672 View Post
What attracted you to it in the first place? I have done this cruise although as an all adult party, and enjoyed it but have cruised before so size of cabin and the cost of alcohol / focus on food is not a surprise. I had a great relaxed time and enjoyed castaway cay and fireworks at sea.
I’ve always fancied it. But I’ve always had a nagging doubt that I wouldn’t like it. Based on nothing.

That and the fact I want to add something significant and new to this trip.