General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 5 Sep 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Quick trippie Kefalonia!

We are back from our 10 days in Skala where we had a lovely time, food and people really nice and beautiful scenery. The people are so friendly and seem genuinely happy to give you good service. We went to Skala beach which is Stoney, if you wear the beach shoes and go in it’s Sandy and the water is so clear. Ds And Dd went in a sofa ride towed around by a speed boat and they had to hang on for dear life, Mounda beach was our favourite, 5 mins drive and sandy where the fish nip you ever so often! Also loved a beach we went to at Lassi, sandy and clear water. Did a boat trip to Fiskardo, stopped at Sami (Captain Corelli), also stopped at Melissani caves which were not as good as we thought they might be,then did a stop for a swim at Mini Myrtos beach which was very stony and I got in the sea but had to crawl out lol!. Drove to Argostoli and walked around the shops my dd bought an expensive bag for only 30 euros not sure if it’s real but she’s happy with it. Went to Myrtos beach which looks beautiful from the top but when you get on it it’s very pebbly and gets deep rather quick, the kids loved the caves and snorkelling over the rocks looking at fish. Ate lots of yummy food and had a few cocktails, Asteris hotel was nice and we had a modern room. My dd and ds had a older room because they wanted single beds and all the new rooms were doubles, went to a bbq here which was very nice with lots of food and entertainment of two Singers and a piano. There are stray cats everywhere and a few dogs, the animals are looked after by the restaurants and hotels and charity’s and we did feed them, dd had a cat visit her every morning where she saved evening dinner for it. She was really sad leaving it, we saw lots of goats in the mountains (one up a tree), cows being herded along the road, my dd who is so pale tried getting a tan but only has a slight glow about her. I look like a Greek woman and am very dark, never tried to tan and couldn’t be bothered to sit in the sun but spent my days in the sea. I had a few of the locals talking to me in a Greek, they got a shock when I said sorry I’m from West London luv!Loved the Greek people saying “thank you very much” in their sing songy accents, Greece isn’t cheap if you’re thinking of going, our 10 days cost £5,000 and the kids spent another £400 between them, so cheaper than Florida. We also had a car for the whole holiday, which was a bit hair raising driving round the mountains and goats jumping out at you, we nearly hit one! Got to work out what we are doing next year, might be Toronto to see ds. Got to start saving and see!
Just to add flew with easy jet from Gatwick, planes are clean and no probs apart from a hour delay on the way back. A lot of wasps about in Kefalonia, eating in the evening was fine but during the day were a pain.

Edited at 10:40 AM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

How was your dd on the flight? I hope the pills worked again.
Old 5 Sep 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
How was your dd on the flight? I hope the pills worked again.
Oh yes she was fine, she was so well I forget to mention it!
Old 5 Sep 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Oh yes she was fine, she was so well I forget to mention it!
Glad she was ok.
Old 5 Sep 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Sounds lovely Sandra , apart from the wasps , I would have been running around like a loon trying to get away from them .
Have never been to Greece but have read some reports and it looks lovely .
Europe is not cheap , that’s what makes Florida so tempting , if you don’t do the parks , you can get indirect flights and a high standard villa for the same price .our Florida holiday cost the two of us including the car £2000 for two weeks , of course there is food on top of that but that’s choice then as to how you budget , I like my steaks too much to do budget 😂
Glad to hear you had such a good time , you will be planning your next one now 😊
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
Sounds lovely Sandra , apart from the wasps , I would have been running around like a loon trying to get away from them .
Have never been to Greece but have read some reports and it looks lovely .
Europe is not cheap , that’s what makes Florida so tempting , if you don’t do the parks , you can get indirect flights and a high standard villa for the same price .our Florida holiday cost the two of us including the car £2000 for two weeks , of course there is food on top of that but that’s choice then as to how you budget , I like my steaks too much to do budget 😂
Glad to hear you had such a good time , you will be planning your next one now 😊
I think we could of done it cheaper, my son kept ordering cocktails and the kids love their steaks. Dh is very cool with wasps but me and ds and dd run, breakfast in the hotel we had to sit inside. We tried to sit outside by the beautiful pool but it was a wasp party! That was only thing I could of done without Lol! Xx
Old 6 Sep 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Glad you had a lovely time Sandra, I love Greece!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Sounds like you had a lovely time despite the wasps. We are off to Greece (Corfu) for the first time next month.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List