Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 15 Sep 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
owen
Trading Disney Pins

owen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Would you say this is damaged

Due to fly to turkey in 2 weeks and just noticed these marks on my passport. Passport is 9 years old so has been used lots. If I replaced now would have to 7 day fast track

Water marks down bottom page. No lifting or anything ?

ibb.co/GJ1mqTq
ibb.co/7zDF8kN
owen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

I’d say it was fine.
OH’s passport was worse than that - photo and chip etc in tact but overall incredibly tatty, and he had no trouble.

Well, USA was fine - he did get told when we were on our way to Portugal that he might not get let in the country 😂 but was fine on arrival

ETA - if you’re really worried though, I’d change it if you’ve got time. I suppose you never know what’s going to happen!
arosiem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

I would say so yes. Photo page is the most important, and from that photo, looks pretty damaged.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
owen
Trading Disney Pins

owen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Ok that makes me feel better, need to replace before our trip to OKW in April but could do without a 4 hour trip to passport office if not needed just now 🤣

Agree terrible picture
owen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It would worry me too much so I would need to replace it. Considering it is about to expire anyway I would just apply for a new one. I know it would cost more but for peace of mind I think it would be worth it.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 04:00 AM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by owen View Post
Ok that makes me feel better, need to replace before our trip to OKW in April but could do without a 4 hour trip to passport office if not needed just now 🤣

Agree terrible picture
Putting a disclaimer in - don’t take anything as gospel as in reality none of us know what immigration will say! If you are worried, I’d get a new one 😊
arosiem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Andy0502
Excited about Disney

Everyone will have an opinion on this, some will say OK and others will say to change it.

Personally mine is 9 years old, I have only 2 unstamped pages left and is in far worse condition ( I fly almost every week so it gets lots of use). My photo page is starting to peel at the bottom corner and my photo is 10 years old too.

I will be replacing it after Christmas as that’s when I’m likely to have some down time from the travelling, but I’ve recently been all over Europe, China, Turkey and also to US with it without any problems.

As someone said if the photo page is intact then I would still use it - but at the end it must be a personal choice and none of us on here are qualified to make legal decisions. Actually the only ones who can decide are the immigration people/machines in whatever country you visit.
Andy0502 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Another thing to bear in mind is we are still not quite sure what will happen on 31st Oct. But if it is no deal then your passport cannot be more than 9.5 years old to go to Europe. It doesn't matter how much is left on it, it matters how old it is.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Immigration see lots of damaged passports. I have seen worse and just advised the person to get a new one. I couldnt comment on Turkish immigration as they may be stricter. As long as the code at the bottom of the picture page isnt damaged and can be easily read then it should be ok. That being said I have been away from Border Force for two years now so they may be a lot stricter. If you are concerned at all I would replace.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Another thing to bear in mind is we are still not quite sure what will happen on 31st Oct. But if it is no deal then your passport cannot be more than 9.5 years old to go to Europe. It doesn't matter how much is left on it, it matters how old it is.
I didn't realise that. Thats a good piece of information. Thank you.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List