Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 4 May 20, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile Disney Cruise Placeholder

Hi there,
I have a quick question say I did my first Disney cruise loved it and my family wanted to do another Disney cruise could we do a placeholder for one around Europe whilst on the Disney Dream? Then use a US TA for the best discounts?
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So a placeholder is only needed if you don't have a future cruise in mind. If you already have the date and details needed you book on to that and get the onboard booking benefits.

In terms of TAs you don't tend to get discounts through a TA you get onboard credit to use during the cruise or a gift of some sort I've seen offered too. Now to do this there are a few things that can cause an issue/reduction in the credit/gift offerering.
  • If you are booked on your first cruise with a TA you can automatically assign your new booking to that TA
  • If you don't want to use that TA you want to use another one then you would need to let them know when you book you don't want it assigned to your TA and then follow the steps below as if you never had a TA - I had to do this last year as was booked with Virgin Holidays and wanted to go back to my US TA
  • If you don't have a TA for your first cruise you need to email the TA as soon as you get back to port or you are booked as they will need to transfer over within 2 weeks to apply any sort of credit/gift but this will be a reduced rate for most companies as they get a reduced credit
  • If you forget to transfer to a TA then you can transfer after 2 weeks I believe but you get no benefit

Hope that makes sense
Old 5 May 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
So a placeholder is only needed if you don't have a future cruise in mind. If you already have the date and details needed you book on to that and get the onboard booking benefits.

In terms of TAs you don't tend to get discounts through a TA you get onboard credit to use during the cruise or a gift of some sort I've seen offered too. Now to do this there are a few things that can cause an issue/reduction in the credit/gift offerering.
  • If you are booked on your first cruise with a TA you can automatically assign your new booking to that TA
  • If you don't want to use that TA you want to use another one then you would need to let them know when you book you don't want it assigned to your TA and then follow the steps below as if you never had a TA - I had to do this last year as was booked with Virgin Holidays and wanted to go back to my US TA
  • If you don't have a TA for your first cruise you need to email the TA as soon as you get back to port or you are booked as they will need to transfer over within 2 weeks to apply any sort of credit/gift but this will be a reduced rate for most companies as they get a reduced credit
  • If you forget to transfer to a TA then you can transfer after 2 weeks I believe but you get no benefit

Hope that makes sense
That's great we plan to use Dreams Unlimited or pixie Magic. Thank you.
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

We have always dealt direct with Disney cruise line. However this year we booked with Tammy at Dreams Unlimited. She has been brilliant, even moving our cruise to September next year.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
W3LUM
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Licoricelover View Post
We have always dealt direct with Disney cruise line. However this year we booked with Tammy at Dreams Unlimited. She has been brilliant, even moving our cruise to September next year.
been using Tammy for over 10years now
99 All star mu Apr02 Residence Inn Seaworld Dec02 All Star sp Port Orleans Apr04 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic Tradewinds St Petes Sep05 Sheraton Villages~Dolphin Dec07 Sheraton Safari Villages Disney Magic Sheraton Villages Apr08 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic Dec09 Sheraton Villages Coronado Springs Mar10 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic transatlantic May11 Disney Magic Alaska Dec11 Villages Disney Dream Dec12 Disney's Vero Beach Villages Disney Fantasy Dec13 Villages Disney Fantasy
W3LUM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List