Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 9 May 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
W3LUM
Apprentice Imagineer

Disney Magic

Hi looks like the Magic is on its way to Dover after a stop in Ponta Delgada. The Magic left Canaveral yesterday along with the Fantasy to take stranded crew home.
99 All star mu Apr02 Residence Inn Seaworld Dec02 All Star sp Port Orleans Apr04 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic Tradewinds St Petes Sep05 Sheraton Villages~Dolphin Dec07 Sheraton Safari Villages Disney Magic Sheraton Villages Apr08 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic Dec09 Sheraton Villages Coronado Springs Mar10 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic transatlantic May11 Disney Magic Alaska Dec11 Villages Disney Dream Dec12 Disney's Vero Beach Villages Disney Fantasy Dec13 Villages Disney Fantasy

Edited at 12:51 PM.
W3LUM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

This is something that I have been saying all along, that the Magic will sail transatlantic without passengers and pick up the the North European sailings from the end of July / start of August.

Follow The Disney Magic on Cruise Mapper cruisemapper/?imo=9126807

The first Dover sailing is on July 25

There is a dry dock scheduled for Cadiz 18 September

The Westbound transatlantic leaves Dover on 2 October.

Friday May 8
Disney Magic sailed from Port Canaveral to Castaway Cay
Stayed for a few hours and then begin the journey out into the Atlantic.

Saturday May 9
At Sea - Atlantic Ocean
Destination Ponta Delgada
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
apollo163
Imagineer

I didn't know which port its going into but all European crew from Magic, Fantasy and dream are on board and are being flown home from England.
2001 private villa (poinciana blvd)
2006 villa formosa gardens
apollo163 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by apollo163 View Post
I didn't know which port its going into but all European crew from Magic, Fantasy and dream are on board and are being flown home from England.
First destination is Ponta Delgada, final destination is Dover, where it will wait it out for June and July , until ports re open
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

This news on the weekend made me very happy. Its one step closer to my WBTA cruise happening. Can't wait to see photos of her in the UK. Very excited
Old 12 May 20, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Just_Pete
Excited about Disney

WBTA, possibly. Not to piddle on anyones cornflakes, but June/July sailings? I sadly don't think so.
Just_Pete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Disney have pulled all Magic cruises for July, August and September from the website. The earliest cruises available to book now are in October out of New York

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
Disney have pulled all Magic cruises for July, August and September from the website. The earliest cruises available to book now are in October out of New York
They haven't just pulled these they've also pulled Wonder through similar time frame and Dream/Fantasy through July. Whether this means they are going to cancel or not I guess we have to wait and see. They might be thinking about how they deal with social distancing on a cruise as cruises wont be able to implement without reducing capacity and if they carry on selling these cruises then they might end up having to cancel some people who have booked and paid. I know I might just be clutching at straws here don't worry but just adding info as it may not be as bleak as I feel it is.
Old 13 May 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
They haven't just pulled these they've also pulled Wonder through similar time frame and Dream/Fantasy through July. Whether this means they are going to cancel or not I guess we have to wait and see. They might be thinking about how they deal with social distancing on a cruise as cruises wont be able to implement without reducing capacity and if they carry on selling these cruises then they might end up having to cancel some people who have booked and paid. I know I might just be clutching at straws here don't worry but just adding info as it may not be as bleak as I feel it is.
That's a fair point but I think it's probably the case for the Magic that July, August and September cruises will be cancelled. She's coming across to drop off European crew members and for a scheduled dry dock. There's no way they'd be able to re-crew her in Europe so that they could start sailings. Pulling all the rest of the Magic European sailings is probably to stop people making last minute bookings to get the extra 25% credit.

We were booked on the EBTA and also a 7 night Northern Europe and tried to remain positive for as long as possible so I feel your pain.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
syber32
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
That's a fair point but I think it's probably the case for the Magic that July, August and September cruises will be cancelled. She's coming across to drop off European crew members and for a scheduled dry dock. There's no way they'd be able to re-crew her in Europe so that they could start sailings. Pulling all the rest of the Magic European sailings is probably to stop people making last minute bookings to get the extra 25% credit.

We were booked on the EBTA and also a 7 night Northern Europe and tried to remain positive for as long as possible so I feel your pain.
I think you may be right, we are booked for the September 13th sailing from Dover and I cant see it going ahead. But I'm not sure if I would want to go anyway now think we are going to try and rebook for next year
syber32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List