Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Nov 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I have had it once , coupled with an endoscopy at the same time ( well one straight after the other). I had sedation. I would want to be knocked out if I had to do it again lol.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Get knocked out. I had one with just gas air and relaxant, was in agony, never again.
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
I am having Colonoscopy tomorrow and I am not looking forward to and I will have both (mouth) too.

About powder, Can I add on something or not? I hate this drink and wonder if I do now powder and leave it in the fridge? as I start drink at tea times today?

I feel sorry for myself now as nothing to eat too.
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

[QUOTE=HiddenMickey35;14303347]I am having Colonoscopy tomorrow and I am not looking forward to and I will have both (mouth) too.

About powder, Can I add on something or not? I hate this drink and wonder if I do now powder and leave it in the fridge? as I start drink at tea times today?

I feel sorry for myself now as nothing to eat

Tbh I wouldnt add to it anything that could colour the bowel, or you may have to do a redo. Make it really cold and alot of people find it easier with a straw. Just down it and think of England. Good luck!
Old 24 Feb 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I've worked in Endoscopy so seen hundreds, to be honest the majority do have sedation (especially women interestingly)- I would personally have it.

For a sigmoidoscopy maybe not as we don't go as far, but no, for a colonoscopy, I don't think you're being a baby at all, why suffer if you don't need to?

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I had one two weeks ago. Just down the drink... think of England. I’ve had about twenty in the last thirty years due to crohns. I’ve always had sedation, including my recent one here in Spain.

No issues at all, the fear is worse than the event
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
John
Imagineer

John's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I had one about two years ago, I wasn't offered gas or sedation. It was slightly uncomfortable. The only episode of pain was on the way out when it got stuck and they had to give it a tug...ouch! apart from that it was ok. I was laid on my side and was actually facing the monitor, so could watch the whole procedure - certainly a better view than the poor nurses By far, the worst was drinking that fluid they give you to 'clear your bowel' absolutely disgusting. I couldn't drink it all as I would just have constantly thrown up.

Edited at 04:10 PM.
John is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Tbh I wouldnt add to it anything that could colour the bowel, or you may have to do a redo. Make it really cold and alot of people find it easier with a straw. Just down it and think of England. Good luck!

Okay thank for your advised and actually I am from Bonnie Scotland.
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HiddenMickey35 View Post

Okay thank for your advised and actually I am from Bonnie Scotland.
Think of Scotland then
Old 24 Feb 20, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I've had one and also been an endoscopy nurse. I used to tell people to chill the solution to make it more palatable -until - I had it myself... I got so cold drinking a glass of cold liquid every 15 mins that I had to go to bed with the electric blanket.

You can add pale coloured things like lime cordial or orange - nothing red like ribena and nothing that you can't see through like milk, nesquick or protein shakes. You can also heat it up, not boiling though, and I have known people to flavour it with tea bags, again not blackdurrant ones, but peppermint or something.

Good luck.