Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Jul 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bertiebear View Post
I’d rather have the pain than the flooding. I don’t like to use tampons since having the children, don’t know why they just feel uncomfortable, but I go through so many pads. I double up for night and have to put a towel on the bed it’s awful. Making my appointment tomorrow.
Have you got an appointment? Let us know what they say and fingers crossed for a referral.

I’ll report back on mine next week.
Old 19 Jul 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by PrincessJo84 View Post
Stuck in bed as I read this with hot water bottle and eating the painkillers...my monthly period seems to be getting more and more painful every month...at 35, whilst I love kids, I know I couldn't cope so that's not an issue so am seriously considering getting everything removed if necessary as I feel ok for about 10 days every month and then it goes rapidly downhill
Get to the Dr’s and get a referral. I had an internal and external ultrasound which showed fibroids and then was given tablets to take for the first few days of my period to reduce bleeding, didn’t work for me though so referred and having an ablation next week.
Old 19 Jul 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
jane2211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Anyone had this? My periods are horrific. Had internal scans last year all was normal. I’ve tried the coil which didn’t work and anything with a slight hormone in sends me loopy! I’m going to make an appointment and she if I can discuss it as an option. However I do understand it doesn’t work for everyone. I’m 41 and have two children. We aren’t planning on anymore so that side of things is fine. I’m so miserable. I normally go every 23 days on average but this month I’ve gone 29 but it’s hell. I was dreading the school run earlier as I just flood through everything and feel like I’m going into early labour.
Had this 2 years ago at 43 never looked back, straightforward op, never had any bleeding or pain since also got sterelized at the same time best thing I’ve ever done my periods were horrific xx
Old 19 Jul 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
Have you got an appointment? Let us know what they say and fingers crossed for a referral.

I’ll report back on mine next week.
Yes two weeks time! That’s just with the GP to get her to refer me.
Old 19 Jul 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Mobile

Yes two weeks time! That’s just with the GP to get her to refer me.
Good first step though. Have you had anything before or any tests? The first stage for me was ultrasounds and tablets which were supposed to reduce my period, apparently they are really successful for some people but didn’t work for me, might be worth a try though.
Old 19 Jul 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
Good first step though. Have you had anything before or any tests? The first stage for me was ultrasounds and tablets which were supposed to reduce my period, apparently they are really successful for some people but didn’t work for me, might be worth a try though.
I’ve had scans and ultrasounds and nothing. I take medication for my epilepsy so they don’t like to give me extra meds of any sort. X
Old 20 Jul 19, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Leec
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Wishing everyone the best and really hope whatever treatment you have it’s successful ❤️ Becky x
Old 20 Jul 19, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

I underwent the EA in January with no anaesthetic. I had put up with horrible erratic periods up until last summer. At that time they became unreliable and horrendous both in pain levels and blood loss I mean real huge clots and heavy bleeding for months and no break. My GP thought I had both endometriosis and adenomyosis affecting my body. So after undergoing an ultrasound they discovered I had Fibroids nasty things within the uterine wall and the lining too as well as the heavy bleeding. Now I was put on three different hormones which I had an allergic reaction to and ended up throwing up so badly I couldn’t do much of anything. I was beyond miserable by that point and barely functioning as a human being never mind wife and mother. So I was referred to the hospital again and was sent for biopsies. The doctor never explained how painful that would be without anaesthetic they punched through my cervix with a device to collect the sample and then took chunks out of me to test and sent me off to work! I was in so much pain by then I just wanted it all to end. I waited three weeks to get the results back thankfully there was no cancer. After this they asked me what I wanted to do and to be quite frank a hysterectomy would have been welcomed. After understanding that the uterus also plays an important role in regulating the blood flow around your body and especially the brain and thought processes I agreed to the EA. I suffer with constant hip pain and automatically took some pain relief at breakfast... I shouldn’t have done the hospital staff wanted to give me suppository pain relief and that was then out of the question. So we improvised with gas and air. I felt everything from the instruments going in to the last of the solution they used after the procedure. I was in recovery for about 40 minutes. Then on the train home with instructions of what to watch out for afterwards. After another month and no more hormone tablets everything has settled down nicely.. no more periods no more pain. No more collapsing and I feel more back to my usual self. I do get some cramping every third week for about 4 or 5 days but nothing as bad as it used to be I relieve it easily and no longer have my hot water bottle glued to my stomach. Now I just have the undignified Mammograms to look forward too!
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wifey View Post
I underwent the EA in January with no anaesthetic. I had put up with horrible erratic periods up until last summer. At that time they became unreliable and horrendous both in pain levels and blood loss I mean real huge clots and heavy bleeding for months and no break. My GP thought I had both endometriosis and adenomyosis affecting my body. So after undergoing an ultrasound they discovered I had Fibroids nasty things within the uterine wall and the lining too as well as the heavy bleeding. Now I was put on three different hormones which I had an allergic reaction to and ended up throwing up so badly I couldn’t do much of anything. I was beyond miserable by that point and barely functioning as a human being never mind wife and mother. So I was referred to the hospital again and was sent for biopsies. The doctor never explained how painful that would be without anaesthetic they punched through my cervix with a device to collect the sample and then took chunks out of me to test and sent me off to work! I was in so much pain by then I just wanted it all to end. I waited three weeks to get the results back thankfully there was no cancer. After this they asked me what I wanted to do and to be quite frank a hysterectomy would have been welcomed. After understanding that the uterus also plays an important role in regulating the blood flow around your body and especially the brain and thought processes I agreed to the EA. I suffer with constant hip pain and automatically took some pain relief at breakfast... I shouldn’t have done the hospital staff wanted to give me suppository pain relief and that was then out of the question. So we improvised with gas and air. I felt everything from the instruments going in to the last of the solution they used after the procedure. I was in recovery for about 40 minutes. Then on the train home with instructions of what to watch out for afterwards. After another month and no more hormone tablets everything has settled down nicely.. no more periods no more pain. No more collapsing and I feel more back to my usual self. I do get some cramping every third week for about 4 or 5 days but nothing as bad as it used to be I relieve it easily and no longer have my hot water bottle glued to my stomach. Now I just have the undignified Mammograms to look forward too!
Oh god you really suffered. Glad you are much better now and I’m hoping this is the way forward for me. X
Old 20 Jul 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Mobile

Had an EA about 15 years ago after suffering frequent and heavy periods for most of my adult life.
Was so fed up with the painful cramps and flooding so really sympathise with everyone going through this.
I had fibroids and the doctors were really trying to push for me to agree to a hysterectomy...
I refused as had read such a lot about good results with the EA.
So glad i did as it resulted in light periods for about a year before they stopped completely at 50.
I believe mine was done with a balloon and hot water but it was under a general and i knew nothing about it.
Very crampy when i came round but no worse than what i had been suffering regularly anyway.
Soon improved and i never looked back.
Good luck to all ladies and hope it works for you too.
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List