Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Oct 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
thefergies
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by First timer loz View Post
It’s our first time in 25 days as well ! 2 children staying off site ! So I’m going to be following this thread !
What area are you staying in? And what do the kids like to eat? Happy to offer some suggestions for meals off site. The parks are expensive and know how to separate you from your wallet -someone said 12 dollars for value meal but I think that will only get you The burger eand fries these days and drink will be on top so 15dollars a head more likely. We are 4 adults as "kids" are 20+ and we just get 3 meals and share to keep costs down. I am not a big eater during the day so I am not seduced by all the other options scattered around like donuts or cinnabons or butterbeer or the main rip off otherwise known as Epcot Food and Wine.

Edited at 10:39 PM.
thefergies is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sazzle114
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

It’s our first time in 25 days as well ! 2 children staying off site ! So I’m going to be following this thread !
Oooooo where you flying from who with etc etc
Sazzle114 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sazzle114
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by thefergies View Post
What area are you staying in? And what do the kids like to eat? Happy to offer some suggestions for meals off site. The parks are expensive and know how to separate you from your wallet -someone said 12 dollars for value meal but I think that will only get you The burger eand fries these days and drink will be on top so 15dollars a head more likely. We are 4 adults as "kids" are 20+ and we just get 3 meals and share to keep costs down. I am not a big eater during the day so I am not seduced by all the other options scattered around like donuts or cinnabons or butterbeer or the main rip off otherwise known as Epcot Food and Wine.
All I know is IDrive. Looks like a bit of a crappy hotel given the tripadvisor reviews. If it’s unbearable we’ll move. Kids love everything to eat especially sushi ! So food wise we’re easy. I know it’s a chain but I have to go to Bubba Gumps. We went 15 years ago in SAN Fran and loved it.
Old 9 Oct 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
thefergies
Apprentice Imagineer

Never stayed on idrive but they have same options as all the other villa areas to the south and then a whole lot more besides. Really, every cuisine you can think of will be covered. The thread on restaurants and the one for food reports should also help you.
thefergies is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Definitely make use of the free water in all the Disney parks. If you must take some of the Robinsons water enhancers with you. We took bottles with us to the parks every day to top up with the free water.

Maximise use of fast passes by trying to get a fourth as soon as you have tapped in for your third fast pass.

Don't skip the shows, they are really good and provide a welcome break from the heat and/or rain.

Keep an eye out for Hidden Mickeys
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

My advice would be take time to relax, you will not be able to do everything. You will be going back.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
First timer loz
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

We fly 4/11 Gatwick to Orlando, staying in a villa at lake Wilson preserve.
My children are 13 and 8 but eat like adults ! 2 hungry growing boys ! And they will any foods but not Chinese 🤷🏻 We are hoping to do some cooking in the villa after park days but also want some nice meals out. I’m starting to worry about the cost of food shopping to take back to the villa though ! Where do you all suggest ?
First timer loz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

My children are 13 and 8 but eat like adults ! 2 hungry growing boys ! And they will any foods but not Chinese 🤷🏻 We are hoping to do some cooking in the villa after park days but also want some nice meals out. I’m starting to worry about the cost of food shopping to take back to the villa though ! Where do you all suggest ?
Walmart is generally cheaper whilst Publix is generally better for fresh produce. I haven’t been in a US Lidl yet, so cannot advise.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Sazzle114
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

So you’ll be on the same flights as us then. I wish had booked a villa. That will have to be next time lol.
So are your boys having the adults meal on the flight? I wasn’t sure what to book for my 11 year old. My 7 year old barely eats.
Old 10 Oct 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
writersblock
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Hi! We fly out four weeks tomorrow so I will keep an eye on this thread. First timers too. Just the two of us adults, staying at AKL for 10 nights then RP at US for 4. So excited!
writersblock is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List