Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Oct 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
First timer loz
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sazzle114 View Post
So you’ll be on the same flights as us then. I wish had booked a villa. That will have to be next time lol.
So are your boys having the adults meal on the flight? I wasn’t sure what to book for my 11 year old. My 7 year old barely eats.
Flying with BA ?
No I’ve booked the children’s meal on the plane as my eldest son doesn’t eat much when travelling otherwise he gets travel sick and thought pasta for my youngest was the better option, although I’m planned on taking lots of snacks !
First timer loz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
supermumof3
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
My advice would be take time to relax, you will not be able to do everything. You will be going back.
This statement made me chuckle it's soooo true! The number of friends we've got that couldn't understand why we went every year then decided to go on their 'once in a lifetime holiday' 3 or 4 times
Old 11 Oct 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sazzle114
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by First timer loz View Post
Flying with BA ?
No I’ve booked the children’s meal on the plane as my eldest son doesn’t eat much when travelling otherwise he gets travel sick and thought pasta for my youngest was the better option, although I’m planned on taking lots of snacks !
Yes BA. I’ve also booked the kids meals. Hope it’s sufficient for the 11 year old. She eats like a horse.
Sazzle114 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sazzle114
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by supermumof3 View Post
This statement made me chuckle it's soooo true! The number of friends we've got that couldn't understand why we went every year then decided to go on their 'once in a lifetime holiday' 3 or 4 times

Me too. I’m sure we’ll be back. If only to do universal. Ha
Old 11 Oct 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
First timer loz
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Yes BA. I’ve also booked the kids meals. Hope it’s sufficient for the 11 year old. She eats like a horse.
Well find me on the plane if not I’ll have a bag of snacks ! 😂😂
First timer loz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
jagfan85
Earning More Ears

On the subject of hotels, I wouldn’t worry too much... you’re not in them enough to worry too much, we’ve stayed in a couple along IDrive and found the trip advisor reviews to be so far from the truth it’s unreal.
jagfan85 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sazzle114
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by jagfan85 View Post
On the subject of hotels, I wouldn’t worry too much... you’re not in them enough to worry too much, we’ve stayed in a couple along IDrive and found the trip advisor reviews to be so far from the truth it’s unreal.
Hope so. I know it’s only somewhere to sleep but i want to share my my bed with my husband and not anyone else’s pubes/nail clippings or bed bugs ha ha
Old 13 Oct 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Rafiki22
Dancing with Tink'

Agree with tip on squeeze squash bottles - I have 5 packed! Ice water is free in all QS locations so make the most of that or fill up water bottles at the water fountains, water does taste a little metallic so thats where the squash is brilliant.

Take regular breaks. Its hot, kids will be tired and jet lag is not easy. So go with the flow and lower your expectations of what you will get done. No-one ever does everything in one trip.

I am taking water shoes for the water parks as a first this time, DD got knocked off her feet in Typhoon Lagoon and hurt herself so I am hoping these will help, plus we are going to Discovery Cove. I got mine off eBay only £3 each.

You can take snacks and food into the parks so you could save money by doing a Walmart shop when you get there although this is an individual preference.

Put some apps on phones and tablets for the queues, lots of good Disney ones, I think a popular one is charades. You will have to queue so it just makes the process easier.

Lastly, enjoy! You have saved hard and waited a long time. Make the most of every second xx
Rafiki22 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
First timer loz
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

So you’ll be on the same flights as us then. I wish had booked a villa. That will have to be next time lol.
So are your boys having the adults meal on the flight? I wasn’t sure what to book for my 11 year old. My 7 year old barely eats.
So with 20 days to go (eeeekkkkkk) have you packed yet ? I’d like to say I’m half packed but In reality I know all I have done it chuck anything new I’ve bought in the case ! But this weekend I’m going to get organised !
Old 14 Oct 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Sazzle114
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by First timer loz View Post
So with 20 days to go (eeeekkkkkk) have you packed yet ? I’d like to say I’m half packed but In reality I know all I have done it chuck anything new I’ve bought in the case ! But this weekend I’m going to get organised !
I know! I can’t believe how fast it’s approaching 😂. I’ve got the suitcases down today. I’ve been too busy buying snacks to think about packing 😂. I’m going to get most of it done this weekend. Eldest is away with school from tomorrow to Friday so wanted to get that out of the way. I’ve sorted my currency out and ordered my pre paid cards. Priorities at the moment are hair and nail appointments. We all want Disney nails. Have you pre booked seats on the plane? In 2 minds what to do.