Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Nov 19, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
My Wife and I have been having the jabs since the early 80's
Ok you get a bit of a sore arm or an ache feeling for a day or two. A small price to pay in my view.

If people don't wish to have the jab that's their decision as in most things in life it's a choice not a mandate.

What does annoy me is these people who spread scare stories such as I had the jab and got flu the next month. Within a week yes but not a month later.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by captain-codeye View Post
As I’m immune suppressed I’m supposed to have one, this will be the 3rd year I have declined it.

I had one 4 years ago and it knocked me out for 2 days, never had anything like it, cold sweats, stomach ache, constant tiredness.

Not chancing that again.
I’ve had the flu - two days of those symptoms is nowhere near as bad as having the flu.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 01:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

I had flu, twice in 4 months(november 2017 and Feb 2018) . I was very unwell for 2 weeks each occasion. Never had so much time off work. And had a lingering cough for weeks after.
After that I had my jab in Oct 18 and again this Oct.
Not had any reaction to the jabs other than a sore/aching arm for a few days

Edited at 01:47 AM.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 04:26 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
All 3 of us got it as DS18 is immunosupressed and all of us were fine. After having the flu while Ds has his transplant and being wiped out for 3 weeks I will take my chances with a few side effects especially to protect him as if I was that bad imagine what he would be like.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 05:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TartanTink View Post
Oh please don’t miss next year I have had flu once and was in hospital on oxygen for 10 days . I have had some symptoms after my flu jab this year but nothing is worse than proper flu it kills . You can get some cold symptoms but the jab doesn’t give you flu .
Yep please don't miss next year
Hope you feel better soon
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Have it every year and usually no side effects. However had it last Wed and for 2 days I felt terrible. Achy, headache, nausea, extreme tiredness! But I guess I’d still take that over the actual flu!

Edited at 07:17 AM.
Ryles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I know of at least 5 people that reacted to the flu jab including me but I wouldn’t stop me getting it next year
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

My ds age 17 had a reaction this year (a minor seizure) - he's been told not to have it again. It was probably something in the injection. His arm was fine though and not even a sniffle.

This year was the first time he's had the injection - last year it was nasal spray.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Having had Aussie Flu, chest infection and tonsillitis at the same time which kept me off work for 6 weeks 2 years ago I now have a flu shot and just suffer a few sniffles after it.

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Another couple here with no problems except slightly sore arms for a few days. We were told that the vaccine takes a few weeks to ‘kick in’ so to avoid people with colds etc for a couple of weeks as some bugs can affect you until then.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread