Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Nov 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

when my daughter was that age she used a face wash from neals yard which was very good. She then moved on to liz earle which we both now use
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
30 something and still using clearasil over here. Avoid a fringe, excess oil production. Plenty of water. Might sound like an old wives' tale but forehead spots are linked to diet, round the jaw hormonal (that's where mine flare up) cheeks tend to be touching skin/phones etc.

I wouldn't go too harsh as it can do more damage than good. The Body Shop do a great tea tree line too, I dab TT Oil on them at night and is calms them down quite a fair bit.
To compare products look at salicylic acid concentration. That's the spot fighting stuff.

It's super important to keep skin hydrated as well as internal body so finishing up any treatments with a moisturiser will help too. Nothing fragranced.
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Spottywotty
VIP Dibber

Sorry no skin care advice but how is your countdown different to mine 😂😂😂
Spottywotty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
rebeccarobbins
slightly serious Dibber

rebeccarobbins's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I have a similar problem with my DS 12. He broke out in spots a few weeks back. He used Clearasil Rapid face wash which cleared the spots really well but seems to have left him with really dry, sore skin. I don't know if it was the Clearasil or coincidental though as he's also developed a really itchy scalp so I'm thinking it's probably hormone related.

I've been using Epaderm cream from Superdrug which is helping the face but not the scalp.

Such a difficult age isn't it?
rebeccarobbins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I took my DD to my beautician to talk to her about skincare etc. She did a basic facial for her and talked her through what she should be doing for cleansing and moisturising. She recommended using products by Nip and Fab a couple of times a week, and a gentle cleansing facial wash (and advised that Aldi do similar products but we haven’t found them yet!). My DD loved the experience and it’s helped her understand the importance of a good skin routine. DD is a bit older at 13.
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

My DDs use Simple face wash. Gentle and works well.
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Doc88
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Spottywotty View Post
Sorry no skin care advice but how is your countdown different to mine 😂😂😂
😂😂 I have forgotten to change it. I’ll do so now lol
Doc88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Doc88
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
I took my DD to my beautician to talk to her about skincare etc. She did a basic facial for her and talked her through what she should be doing for cleansing and moisturising. She recommended using products by Nip and Fab a couple of times a week, and a gentle cleansing facial wash (and advised that Aldi do similar products but we haven’t found them yet!). My DD loved the experience and it’s helped her understand the importance of a good skin routine. DD is a bit older at 13.
We have recently used nip and fab, I was advised this by the pharmacist in boots. It didn’t help at all sadly. Thanks for your reply
Doc88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Doc88
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by rebeccarobbins View Post
I have a similar problem with my DS 12. He broke out in spots a few weeks back. He used Clearasil Rapid face wash which cleared the spots really well but seems to have left him with really dry, sore skin. I don't know if it was the Clearasil or coincidental though as he's also developed a really itchy scalp so I'm thinking it's probably hormone related.

I've been using Epaderm cream from Superdrug which is helping the face but not the scalp.

Such a difficult age isn't it?
It is such a difficult age. So many changes to their bodies. Thank you for your reply
Old 12 Nov 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

The witch stick is very good, my youngest feels it really makes a difference for her.

It’s interesting to read lots of posts in regard to diet etc. My husband suffered terribly with severe acne and was under a consultant who prescribed roacutane not sure if this is still used as there were severe side effects for many and he was blood tested regularly. I remember the nagging he got at the time from his parents in regard to diet ( it was fairly healthy tbh) and the consultant telling him he’d never heard such rot! It was down to hormones and genetics not whether he had a glass of coke or some mayonnaise on a sandwich. I remember him feeling very positive at the time and was what he needed to hear. Our own daughter suffered terribly ate the healthiest diet with a very active lifestyle. She was not offered roacutane but did take Yasmin when she got a little older which cleared her skin.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List