Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Jan 17, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

E mail address

Sorry, I'm having a bit of a brain freeze.
My current broadband provider is sky. If I leave sky and go with BT for example, will I have to change my e mail address, which is #######@sky.com, to a new one with them. Or can I carry on using it.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by stecee View Post
Sorry, I'm having a bit of a brain freeze.
My current broadband provider is sky. If I leave sky and go with BT for example, will I have to change my e mail address, which is #######@sky.com, to a new one with them. Or can I carry on using it.
You can still keep the email we were with sky for years and switched to virgin over a year ago but I still use the same email... don't ask me how you are allowed to my OH deals with all the complicated stuff I was just glad I didn't have to notifyeveryone my new address.
Only time we have had an issue is we bought a now tv box for playroom as it had a four month free movies on it and it wouldn't let us register as now tv is owned by sky so it wasn't accepting our email as if assumed we already had sky tv but live chat eventually sorted that out
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Thanks. I have lots of web sites I visit where I use my e mail address to access them and it would be a nightmare to try and remember them all to change it.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

i wouldnt guarentee that it will stay active they may at some point delete your account or maybe request you pay for them hosting your mail

tbh main reason i havnt changed BB provider is the hassle of potentially a new email address & having to change everything over to this
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

I would advise setting up a new email account that isn't linked to your broadband provider and switching over gradually. I used to have a "ukonline" address and it was a complete pain when they stopped their broadband service. I switched to "gmail.com" which I should be able to keep forever. It won't even look funny when we move to the US in July.
Old 10 Jan 17, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Just spoke to my OH and he said with sky they do something called email for life ... search sky email for life and its online to view, and your email can be taken to another provider free of charge. He did say though that everything we have is backed up ... he's the brains of the outfit like I mentioned earlier I'm not lol
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Thanks all
Old 10 Jan 17, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
AndyJ
Imagineer

AndyJ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 16
My advice is to grab a gmail address, and then whatever provider you choose you have it.

I also use multiple gmail addresses to weed out spam, provide online security and for personal reasons.
AndyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
paulandalison
Imagineer

paulandalison's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You can keep your email address DH has had the same one now for over 20 years even though the company does not exist,
My email address is a yahoo one as its internet based I can access it anywhere in the world, ive had the same one for about 20 years as well.
paulandalison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 17, 04:33 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Thank you