Notices

Old 22 Jun 20, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
TheDisneyCouple
Imagineer

UPDATE 22nd June - We were able to book park passes for all of the days we are in Disney! Thanks to neilhd for your tip with this. You can see us waiting to get onto the Park Pass System here or read about it in the report.

UPDATE 22nd June - Have also noticed that Animal Kingdom Lodge is still not showing an opening date for this year. Feeling very apprehensive about this as we do not want to downgrade our resort stay. Assuming that we get to go at this point!
TheDisneyCouple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Hiya, I'm glad your park reservation went well, after all the false starts! I saw earlier that Jambo House at AKL will open on 11th July. Is that where you're staying?

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
TheDisneyCouple
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Hiya, I'm glad your park reservation went well, after all the false starts! I saw earlier that Jambo House at AKL will open on 11th July. Is that where you're staying?
Yes that's where we're staying. However, Virgin have announced that they're not flying to Orlando until August 24th now. We'll contact them tomorrow and then I think this is the final nail in the coffin for us. We can't fly out in late August. I even looked at getting us to London for a flight. I understand they need to look at extending but over a month seems like a lot.

All of this on top of losing our new house and being turned down to adopt in the same week. I think I'll stay in bed tomorrow 😭😭😭😭😭.
TheDisneyCouple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh no I'm so sorry to read that. What a royal pain in the backside.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Mobile

So sorry to hear all your bad news this week. I really hope things improve for you. I have followed your story on here from 2016 when we went to Florida at the same time.

You are one strong woman and I’m sure with the support of DH you’ll pick yourselves up and good things will come your way.
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Samantha - so sorry to hear all your bad news this week... I so hope you somehow get your dream vacation... It's a horrible time and I hope you get some good news soon. Take care...
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

All things worth having are worth the wait. You will get your dream house, you will get your dream holiday and you will get your dream family!

Keep the faith! ❤️ It just may take a little more time that’s all. ❤️

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I really hope that things start to look up for you soon.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
TheDisneyCouple
Imagineer

UPDATE 25th June - Very sad to confirm that we now have no choice but to move the holiday to next year. We did this with Virgin today and will rewrite this trip report in the coming weeks. We've had to lose the Animal Kingdom Lodge, due to lack of availability for our new dates. We've moved over to the Grand Floridian instead.
Old 15 Jul 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Jillzo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by TheDisneyCouple View Post
UPDATE 25th June - Very sad to confirm that we now have no choice but to move the holiday to next year. We did this with Virgin today and will rewrite this trip report in the coming weeks. We've had to lose the Animal Kingdom Lodge, due to lack of availability for our new dates. We've moved over to the Grand Floridian instead.
I'm sorry you've lost Animal Kingdom, but Grand Floridian - wow! Looking forward to updates x
Jillzo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List