Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Aug 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
colzo100
Excited about Disney

We were planning on 2021, now if the virus is away and America is back to normal we’ll plan for 2022. It’s just me and my wife and it’s her 50th so it’s giving us more time to save and make it extra special.

As for who to book with... only one of the bigger names preferably booking direct with BA or VH, TUI etc. I’d rather pay a few hundred pounds more for extra piece of mind should anything go wrong.

We won’t be able to book with BA for a while yet.
colzo100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

We have trf our villa to Aug 2022 so no additional cost other than the deposit we had already paid. FlyDrive is 99% likely BA booked when released. Tickets we’ll get when we need to.
Old 15 Aug 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

We’ve moved our dibb villa to August 2022, other than that we won’t be booking anything until things are much clearer. We’ll look at ba flydrive so we only pay deposit and have some protection. Holiday planning is meant to be fun and planning for 2021 wasn’t that! Excited and hopeful that by 2022 it will be nearly back to normality.
I know a lot of people are saying it’s to early to plan but our villa is nearly booked up for summer 2022, which is part of the reason we changed, it’s perfect for us and we didn’t want to lose it.

Edited at 12:41 PM.
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sashadog
Imagineer

I’m holding off until next April to see if there are any offers for 2022. We were planning to go next May until bloody covid struck :-/
sashadog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 24
I would always book holiday direct with disney as we like staying onsite and we like the free dining plan, that would automatically mean us buying our park tickets in the same package too.

They refunded us this year without quibble. Flights will be with BA, again flights refunded this year without quibble. We won't be going to WDW in 2021.

I wouldn't book with anyone else, but I would consider booking 2022 in April 2021 if WDW offer free dining. If they don't, not sure we'd go again until they do.

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Any 2022 plans are now on hold. I’m planning nothing until some resemblance of normality in, flight prices, hotel, parks hours etc , dining etc insurances have all settled down.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

I know who I definitely wont be booking with = Virgin
Old 16 Aug 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
We will book 2022 but not until I see what offers are on which I’m hoping will be April 2021. Will book Disney direct paying a deposit. Flights and car with BA which will be deposit only.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We booked our last trip with everafterholidays and will definitely use them again
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I will be booking around Sept/Oct for Mid August 2021, but this will be West Coast and diy. I am theme parked out.

I will remember who provided great service under terrible conditions.
My March flights with BA were refunded in 8 days. I got most of my other expenditure back (15 or so suppliers) within a few weeks and the last by chargeback a month ago. I lost not a penny.
My August flights with American were cancelled by me around a month ago. Full refund 7 days later. The remaining 11 or so suppliers have now refunded all my money. I lost not a penny.

Whilst I may end up flying in a plane with a Red tail, It most certainly would only be if booked through a codeshare airline of better repute. I am more likely to be able to extricate my money if needed.

I am 60. I have at most, 15 years of long haul before me before I’ll health and probably insurance render it too expensive. I am not wasting 2 of those years whilst drumming my thumbs. Life is for living.
I have several alternatives plotted out if there are still issues on the West Coast...
New England, Buffalo, Chicago, Detroit.
San Diego then straight out to New Orleans.
Route 66.

What I will ensure is that any money I spend will be easily reclaimed. I never book anything other than flights that I cannot cancel at 48 hours before take up, preferably pay on arrival.
Flights will be such that I can put off/ change should I cancel. It is for sure that if I cannot get there at the time, I will get to the USA at a future date.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:14 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List