Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 24 Oct 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile Flights to DLP

I’m looking at going to DLP next summer. I was wondering has anybody got any insights as to whether I’d be better booking the flight seperately or as part of the package with DLP just in case it has to be cancelled due to Covid. I think I’ve got information overload and can’t seem to figure it out.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I booked my package with BA
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

I always book flights separate with easyJet then hotel & tickets with WDTC. This works for us.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We've always booked separately but this year booked a package with DLP (to include AirFrance flights) - we got a full refund of the deposit + flight money with no problem at all.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Don’t forget you will need to book transfers. There’s the coach (for a charge), the TGV train or a private transfer.

We found RS Transports best value (shared shuttle, though in reality it probably will be just you). For 2 adults it worked out cheaper than either the coach or the train, and was door to door.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Fab Mam
Getting Excited

Fab Mam's Reviews
I had Air France flights included as part of the package but I discovered they were not part of the ZEN guarantee so I would have needed to pay a fee to move them. However, customer service were great in that she advised me to hold off as the flights may be cancelled anyway in which case I would be due a full refund or if we were travelling within 7 days and quarantine was still a thing and we were not able to isolate on return then we would get a full refund. Low and behold the flights were cancelled and I got the accommodation part refunded within days and the flights within a month.

However, I have now re-booked a package but without flights for next march which I can cancel or move easily under the ZEN guarantee. I am holding off getting flights and will book them direct with Air France nearer the time as they have a fee free move but not cancel policy which the DLP package does not have. I think this is less risky as I don't have to hope they are cancelled.

Edited at 02:48 PM.
Fab Mam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Fab Mam View Post
I had Air France flights included as part of the package but I discovered they were not part of the ZEN guarantee so I would have needed to pay a fee to move them. However, customer service were great in that she advised me to hold off as the flights may be cancelled anyway in which case I would be due a full refund or if we were travelling within 7 days and quarantine was still a thing and we were not able to isolate on return then we would get a full refund. Low and behold the flights were cancelled and I got the accommodation part refunded within days and the flights within a month.

However, I have now re-booked a package but without flights for next march which I can cancel or move easily under the ZEN guarantee. I am holding off getting flights and will book them direct with Air France nearer the time as they have a fee free move but not cancel policy which the DLP package does not have. I think this is less risky as I don't have to hope they are cancelled.
How odd, we got our flight money + deposit for DLP back without any questions.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Fab Mam
Getting Excited

Fab Mam's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
How odd, we got our flight money + deposit for DLP back without any questions.
Not odd really as it's part of their terms and conditions as per the website:

'Change or cancel your booking without fees*
Need to change or cancel your Hotel + Ticket package? As part of the zen guarantee, we are currently offering the possibility to change or cancel your booking with full refund anytime up to 7 days before your arrival date, excluding insurance(4). Also excluding transport fees, if applicable, according to our Terms & Conditions.'

They were also refunding including transport for those people due to go within 7 days but who could not quarantine back in the UK. Maybe they did you a special favour or you were within this 7 day window / quarantine situation but I certainly would not want to rely on that as it's a temp measure that could be removed anytime.

Edited at 03:20 PM.
Fab Mam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Fab Mam View Post
Not odd really as it's part of their terms and conditions as per the website:

'Change or cancel your booking without fees*
Need to change or cancel your Hotel + Ticket package? As part of the zen guarantee, we are currently offering the possibility to change or cancel your booking with full refund anytime up to 7 days before your arrival date, excluding insurance(4). Also excluding transport fees, if applicable, according to our Terms & Conditions.'

They were also refunding including transport for those people due to go within 7 days but who could not quarantine back in the UK. Maybe they did you a special favour or you were within this 7 day window / quarantine situation but I certainly would not want to rely on that as it's a temp measure that could be removed anytime.
I must have got a nice CM as we were a couple months out and flights were still going.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
Old 27 Oct 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Fab Mam
Getting Excited

Fab Mam's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
I must have got a nice CM as we were a couple months out and flights were still going.
That's good. My one was having none of it lol, although I'm glad she told me to wait.