Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 26 Nov 20, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tsaria
Gone all Goofy

Disneyworld Christmas 2021

Hello everyone,

My husband finally agreed to go to WDW on the day of Christmas for 2 weeks with the kids !

Could you please confirm to me that if the free dining plan is back, it is never for the Christmas season?

And if the paid dining plan is back what is the price for the quick service dp for adults and for children.

Last question, when should I book? Is it smarter to wait the end of April in case of special deals?

Thanks for your help.
7 night Mediterranean Cruise on the Disney Dream May 2023
Trying to figure out what will be our next Disney vacation
Tsaria is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

It’s never been free during December. I suspect it will not be back in any form, paid or free, very soon.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

I am the other end of the scale. I think it will return as it guarantees Disney the revenue from meals and that people will stay on site to dine.

That said dining was never free during Christmas or any time after the first week of November from my experience so if it is back it will be paid for (personally I don't think free dining will return next year).

Price are listed below but obvs likely to change a great deal I would think when reinstated as missed a rise during this year and the one expected every January.
quick service = $55 per adult and $26 per child for 2020 (2 QS meals, 2 snacks & refillable mug)
standard = $78 per adult and $31 per child for 2020 (1 QS meal, 1 TS meal, 2 snacks & refillable mug)
plus = $95 per adult and $35 per child for 2020 (2 meals of choice, 2 snacks & refillable mug)
deluxe = $119 per adult and $48 per child for 2020 (3 meals of your choise, 2 snacks & refillable mug)

Personally if your dates are covered by an offer currently then book as its probably the best they are going to do. If not then I'd wait it out and see what appears.

Edited at 03:36 PM.
gismo1554 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post

No free dining has never been offered in December and last time it was offered, it was only up until end of September.

I have booked December 2021 already but I guess there is no harm in waiting a few more months to see if any offers come out or more resorts open up.

There is a free nights offer on at the moment, however it does not extend to December. We initially booked September 2021 and got four free nights, however when we decided to change to December we lost the free nights and the gift card, fortunately the rates were lower so price was about the same.

If it were available to purchase I believe QSDP would cost £40 per person over the age of 10 per day and £18 for under 10s. I am not sure I would buy a plan, that is a lot of money to spend on QS food per day to get value out of it, plus you are restricted in what parts of the menu you can choose from e.g. we sometimes prefer a starter to a main.

Edited at 03:47 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Crunch the numbers (there is website somewhere to help with this) and see if it works for your party. Bear in mind even at Christmas it can be hot so affect your appetite, and portions are large so people often share.

It is definitely worth it for us and we would pay for it (and have done before) but many people find it better value to put the equivalent money aside, maybe on a prepaid card or a gift card, and then just get what they want with it.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Tsaria
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Crunch the numbers (there is website somewhere to help with this) and see if it works for your party. Bear in mind even at Christmas it can be hot so affect your appetite, and portions are large so people often share.

It is definitely worth it for us and we would pay for it (and have done before) but many people find it better value to put the equivalent money aside, maybe on a prepaid card or a gift card, and then just get what they want with it.
We were there in September 2019 with very hot weather and no rain . We loved the dining plan and couldn't imagine doing WDW without it.
Tsaria is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Tsaria
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
I am the other end of the scale. I think it will return as it guarantees Disney the revenue from meals and that people will stay on site to dine.

That said dining was never free during Christmas or any time after the first week of November from my experience so if it is back it will be paid for (personally I don't think free dining will return next year).

Price are listed below but obvs likely to change a great deal I would think when reinstated as missed a rise during this year and the one expected every January.
quick service = $55 per adult and $26 per child for 2020 (2 QS meals, 2 snacks & refillable mug)
standard = $78 per adult and $31 per child for 2020 (1 QS meal, 1 TS meal, 2 snacks & refillable mug)
plus = $95 per adult and $35 per child for 2020 (2 meals of choice, 2 snacks & refillable mug)
deluxe = $119 per adult and $48 per child for 2020 (3 meals of your choise, 2 snacks & refillable mug)

Personally if your dates are covered by an offer currently then book as its probably the best they are going to do. If not then I'd wait it out and see what appears.
Thank you this is exactly what I was looking for.

I believe it will be back as well, everyone in the US is very optimistic about vaccines.
At the moment I can't even book since our return date would be in Janurary. I hope maybe I will still get a deal on park tickets or a gift card. One can hope !

Edited at 11:58 AM.
Old 28 Nov 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tsaria View Post
Thank you this is exactly what I was looking for.

I believe it will be back as well, everyone in the US is very optimistic about vaccines.
At the moment I can't even book since our return date would be in Janurary. I hope maybe I will still get a deal on park tickets or a gift card. One can hope !
Those snack credit logos are still on the menus and have popped up in the epcot festival of the holidays that started yesterday so Disney are still wanting to bring it back at some point
aprilshack is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Last Christmas we just bought the dining plan although not necessary great value it is all done and dusted before hand and makes the holiday very relaxing :-)
Old 28 Nov 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I think the paid for dining plan will be back. Americans love it and they make up the largest percentage of WDW visitors by far, so it's a steady revenue stream for Disney. I'm not so sure about the free dining plan though.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List