Notices

Old 7 Dec 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
i did not mention saving money

Maybe you cannot go in the easter / summer holidays and are restricted to 1/2 terms
Maybe , but most people who have children manage , book annual leave early , organise work commitments accordingly.
Im quite intrigued which professions only allow time off in February , May and October though. Do share what sector you work in
duchy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Maybe , but most people who have children manage , book annual leave early , organise work commitments accordingly.
Im quite intrigued which professions only allow time off in February , May and October though. Do share what sector you work in
I would say most businesses that have Easter and summer holidays as there busy period might not let staff have time off, living in a seaside town there is a lot people that are in this situation. February half term might be the only time they can get away in school holidays as that will be the time when the business is shut.
2017 - Grand Plaza Beach Resort, HRH and OKW
2018 - Sapphire Falls, Grand Plaza Beach Resort and Pop Century
elmspenguin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
VIP Dibber

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

I had no plans to keep my youngest,8, off school but hes now off until January. He goes to a special school and there are only 9 children total in his class, 4 staff members and a mid day assistant. Thats his whole class bubble. There have now been 4 positive tests within his bubble so he's off school isolating. Gutted for him as he will miss Polar Express day. I've had to tell him the whole school has had to close and Polar Express has been cancelled as he wouldn't understand it just being his class off. Lots of fun at home with Mummy now though and I'm going to do our own Polar Express day at home for him. 😊❤

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My opinion is that the kids have missed enough school and shouldnt be missing anymore if it can be avoided.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

I think half the kids in our school will be kept home, my daughters teacher is going into isolation tomorrow as she is having a minor op, my daughters been told next week there is no lessons and it will be a "fun" week !
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

My kids school have been told there is no fun christmas stuff as they have to work. Im so relieved for my year 11 as they have missed so much and exams will come so quickly but I feel maybe they could do a couple of fun things in the less important lessons for the years 7 and 8s in the last week.
Old 8 Dec 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Leanne1977 View Post
I had no plans to keep my youngest,8, off school but hes now off until January. He goes to a special school and there are only 9 children total in his class, 4 staff members and a mid day assistant. Thats his whole class bubble. There have now been 4 positive tests within his bubble so he's off school isolating. Gutted for him as he will miss Polar Express day. I've had to tell him the whole school has had to close and Polar Express has been cancelled as he wouldn't understand it just being his class off. Lots of fun at home with Mummy now though and I'm going to do our own Polar Express day at home for him. 😊❤
Leanne I know that you will make the day very special for him and he will love it! As will you lol!
Old 8 Dec 20, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
FamilyGWales
VIP Dibber

Mobile

OP. It's a minefield isn't it. Whatever you opt to do, I hope you and your family are able to spend Christmas in a way that you feel comfortable doing. And have a blast 🌲

Two other points

Locally, and in a few other areas symptoms are not required in order to be tested. It is open to all. We haven't opted to do it as yet, but absolutely of one of us had symptoms we would all go. I do wonder whether we should just go anyway. The prevalence rates here are very high and the numbers of people testing positive but are asymptomatic are also through the roof.

DDs year returned from selfisolation on Monday. Last night she said of her normal.class of 29, 8 were in. And this was the highest number of attendees in her year. It's year 11 so an important one too.

All lessons are blended learning so online and face to face. So I can understand the temptation to not go in. We are coming under pressure from her to allow her to do the same.

The point about if you don't go in then you don't go anywhere is an interesting argument / consideration.
FamilyGWales is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
OP. It's a minefield isn't it. Whatever you opt to do, I hope you and your family are able to spend Christmas in a way that you feel comfortable doing. And have a blast 🌲

Two other points

Locally, and in a few other areas symptoms are not required in order to be tested. It is open to all. We haven't opted to do it as yet, but absolutely of one of us had symptoms we would all go. I do wonder whether we should just go anyway. The prevalence rates here are very high and the numbers of people testing positive but are asymptomatic are also through the roof.

DDs year returned from selfisolation on Monday. Last night she said of her normal.class of 29, 8 were in. And this was the highest number of attendees in her year. It's year 11 so an important one too.

All lessons are blended learning so online and face to face. So I can understand the temptation to not go in. We are coming under pressure from her to allow her to do the same.

The point about if you don't go in then you don't go anywhere is an interesting argument / consideration.
I would encourage anyone with access to symptomless testing to take it.

A family member who is also a teacher tested positive last week in Liverpool. This person is young and healthy and following all guidance. They are also a teacher in a high school so the potential to infect others was massive. Without taking that time out to get tested could have spoilt a few Christmas
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List