Old 19 Dec 20, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Yay... good to see you Abby! I’ve really missed these planning posts. Like you I’m not sure if it’ll come off next summer but I’m planning like it is and if it doesn’t I’ll have to plan again, but for 2022. Oh the hardship! 😂 (planning is one of the best bits.)

Kat
I've really missed the planning posts too. 2020 has a lot to answer for doesn't it? I hope you and your family are well and have a lovely Christmas.

I'm going to have a look in the Christmas forum and see if anyone has any tasty recipes or ideas. At the moment my planning urges are being taken over with looking at recipes for things to make over Chritsmas. I've got all sorts of lists on the go...cocktail lists, dessert lists, tasty breakfast ideas lists! It's all about the food and drink for me at the moment. I can't wait to get back to looking at wdw restaurant menus and making lists of restaurants to try out! Those are some of my favourite lists

Take care

Abby x

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 02:03 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Hello Abby, I've been checking in often to see if you've been around. Lovely to see you.

Yes, let's talk Christmas food! I have menus planned for the two weeks starting from Monday Christmas meal planning is second only to Disney planning for me.

Good luck with your Christmas food shop! I went to M&S tonight on my way home from work (finished at 8), it was lovely and quiet and the shelves well stocked. The only thing I wanted that they didn't have was this: ocado/products/m-s-c...bert-533234011

Here's some of the things on my list.

Breakfasts
Cranberry Pancakes
thehappyfoodie/recipes...berry-pancakes

Gingerbread Pancakes
bbcgoodfood/recipes/...bread-pancakes

Cinnamon Toast
goodto/recipes/cinna...th-raspberries

We're going to have croissants with brie and bacon a la Be Our Guest one morning. I got some Christmas granola from Sainsburys that I'm excited to try as well. I've ordered a packet of reindeer shaped crumpets from ASDA too.

Sides
Cheesy Sprouts
thechunkychef/cheesy...sprouts-bacon/

Sprouts Gratin
blog.hellofresh/the-be...prout-recipes/

Not going to patronise you with recipes for carrots etc, but I do like trying new sprouts ones.

Snacks
Delia's Sausage Rolls
deliaonline/recipes/...-sausage-rolls

Desserts
Black Forest Trifle
realfood.tesco/step-by-s...st-trifle.html

Yule Log
jamieoliver/recipes/...ious-yule-log/

Peppermint Bark
delish/uk/cooking/re...t-bark-recipe/

Christmas Rocky Road
nigella/recipes/christmas-rocky-road

Panettone Bread and Butter Pudding
cookwithmands/recipes/ch...butter-pudding

Milkybar Cheesecake
janespatisserie/2018...ar-cheesecake/

Cranberry Eton Mess
asdagoodliving/foo...-mess-traybake

Plans for leftovers
Smoked Salmon Pancake Stack
asdagoodliving/foo...-pancake-stack

French Dip Turkey Sandwich
realfood.tesco/recipes/f...-sandwich.html

Boxing Day Quesadillas
jamieoliver/recipes/...y-quesadillas/

Toad in the Hole
jamieoliver/recipes/...d-in-the-hole/

I could eat a roast every day of the week, also going to try these for a simple mid-week dinner one day.

deliaonline/recipes/...onion-stuffing
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Hello Abby, I've been checking in often to see if you've been around. Lovely to see you.

Yes, let's talk Christmas food! I have menus planned for the two weeks starting from Monday Christmas meal planning is second only to Disney planning for me.

Good luck with your Christmas food shop! I went to M&S tonight on my way home from work (finished at 8), it was lovely and quiet and the shelves well stocked. The only thing I wanted that they didn't have was this: ocado/products/m-s-c...bert-533234011

Breakfasts
Cranberry Pancakes

Gingerbread Pancakes

Cinnamon Toast

We're going to have croissants with brie and bacon a la Be Our Guest one morning. I got some Christmas granola from Sainsburys that I'm excited to try as well. I've ordered a packet of reindeer shaped crumpets from ASDA too.

Sides
Cheesy Sprouts

Sprouts Gratin

Not going to patronise you with recipes for carrots etc, but I do like trying new sprouts ones.

Snacks
Delia's Sausage Rolls

Desserts
Black Forest Trifle

Yule Log

Peppermint Bark

Christmas Rocky Road

Milkybar Cheesecake

Cranberry Eton Mess

Plans for leftovers

Boxing Day Quesadillas

Toad in the Hole

I could eat a roast every day of the week, also going to try these for a simple mid-week dinner one day.

What an absolutely awesome list! I love it and I was so excited that I changed our breakfast plan for today and made the Gingerbread Pancakes. They were amazing thank you so much for sharing the recipe.

The food shopping was an experience, it was very busy in Tesco. We only do a big shop once every two weeks and then a small shop one time in between to pick up bread and milk. Anyway, the checkout lady yesterday said that our shopping was the most expensive shop she has ever had through her till so we should be set for a few days at least!

Yesterday I started a thread in the Christmas section, which is a sort of food trip report obviously we aren't going anywhere at all, so it will end up being all the tasty treats we have over the next two weeks. Here is a link if you want to have a look over there Christmas Food and Cocktails

I hope you have a lovely Christmas it sure seems like you're going to be pretty busy making all these treats and I imagine that you will still be working unlike me.

Abby x

Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Breakfasts
Cranberry Pancakes

Gingerbread Pancakes

Cinnamon Toast

Sides
Cheesy Sprouts

Sprouts Gratin

Snacks
Delia's Sausage Rolls

Desserts
Black Forest Trifle

Yule Log

Peppermint Bark

Christmas Rocky Road

Milkybar Cheesecake

Cranberry Eton Mess

Plans for leftovers

Boxing Day Quesadillas

Toad in the Hole

You have inspired me with this list, I’m going to add a few more things to my shopping list when I collect my turkey.
Hope you have a fantastic Christmas 🎄
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
What an absolutely awesome list! I love it and I was so excited that I changed our breakfast plan for today and made the Gingerbread Pancakes. They were amazing thank you so much for sharing the recipe.

The food shopping was an experience, it was very busy in Tesco. We only do a big shop once every two weeks and then a small shop one time in between to pick up bread and milk. Anyway, the checkout lady yesterday said that our shopping was the most expensive shop she has ever had through her till so we should be set for a few days at least!

Yesterday I started a thread in the Christmas section, which is a sort of food trip report obviously we aren't going anywhere at all, so it will end up being all the tasty treats we have over the next two weeks. Here is a link if you want to have a look over there Christmas Food and Cocktails

I hope you have a lovely Christmas it sure seems like you're going to be pretty busy making all these treats and I imagine that you will still be working unlike me.

Abby x
Lovely to see you on here I was waiting until you were finished school to start sending you festive drinks photos!
Pleased you got your shopping done, I’m off to look at your new thread.
Hope you all have a fantastic Christmas 🎄 x
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Lovely to see you on here I was waiting until you were finished school to start sending you festive drinks photos!
Pleased you got your shopping done, I’m off to look at your new thread.
Hope you all have a fantastic Christmas 🎄 x
Ah I can't wait to see some festive drinks it's been a tough few weeks actually, but I'm glad to be trying to solve the dilemma of how to fit in all Colette's lovely recipes into my schedule! You know I'm not even joking right? It's not properly fun if there's not a plan...I already changed the plan once today as I couldn't resist the Gingerbread Pancakes.

I hope you and the girls also have a wonderful Christmas x

Old 20 Dec 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Thanksgiving

Our second annual Thanksgiving celebration was held this year I'd invited mum and dad to come, but of course lockdown 2 took care of that plan. So it ended up being just the four of us.

I'm sure you won't be too surprised to find out that I'd spent quite a bit of time researching recipes . In the end I bought cornbread from Tesco (this was the kid's favourite part )

I followed the same recipe for Turkey as last year, even butchering the bird (well cutting it into pieces) and then rubbing the seasoning over - it was pretty tasty.

I tried making a sausagemeat stuffing which was absolutely delicious, this was my favourite part.

The mash was 1 part mash and about 3 parts sour cream and butter I think - it was very rich and creamy.

The veggies were sweetcorn and green beans steamed with a lemon and garlic dressing.

Plus I saw a recipe for roasted brussels, peppers and butternut squash. This was delicious too and a close second for favourite dish for me.

The whole spread

And another angle

And here is my plate

I was cross I hadn't bought a pumpkin at Halloween as I couldn't find a pumpkin anywhere, ok so I only looked in Tesco, but they didn't have a pumpkin or pumpkin puree in a can so the pumpkin pie recipe went out the window. I settled for an apple pie. Actually this was a good idea in the end as cooking the rest of it took ages and I wouldn't have bothered with the pie after all that.

I'm going to make the same stuffing for Christmas as it was so good and I'm tempted by the roasted veg, but we have to have roast potatoes with Christmas dinner and I'm not sure it would all fit in the oven. It was a bonus having the mash as that meant more space in the oven. Hmm...decisions...

Old 20 Dec 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Breakfasts
Cranberry Pancakes

Gingerbread Pancakes

Cinnamon Toast

Sides
Cheesy Sprouts

Sprouts Gratin

Snacks
Delia's Sausage Rolls

Desserts
Black Forest Trifle

Yule Log

Peppermint Bark

Christmas Rocky Road

Milkybar Cheesecake

Cranberry Eton Mess

Plans for leftovers

Boxing Day Quesadillas

Toad in the Hole

Dear lord you’re gonna have to airlift me out of this house by the time January comes 😂. The cinnamon toast and gingerbread pancakes sound amazing! I’ll deffo be doing those this week!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Thanksgiving

Our second annual Thanksgiving celebration was held this year I'd invited mum and dad to come, but of course lockdown 2 took care of that plan. So it ended up being just the four of us.

I'm sure you won't be too surprised to find out that I'd spent quite a bit of time researching recipes . In the end I bought cornbread from Tesco (this was the kid's favourite part )

I followed the same recipe for Turkey as last year, even butchering the bird (well cutting it into pieces) and then rubbing the seasoning over - it was pretty tasty.

I tried making a sausagemeat stuffing which was absolutely delicious, this was my favourite part.

The mash was 1 part mash and about 3 parts sour cream and butter I think - it was very rich and creamy.

The veggies were sweetcorn and green beans steamed with a lemon and garlic dressing.

Plus I saw a recipe for roasted brussels, peppers and butternut squash. This was delicious too and a close second for favourite dish for me.

The whole spread

And another angle

And here is my plate

I was cross I hadn't bought a pumpkin at Halloween as I couldn't find a pumpkin anywhere, ok so I only looked in Tesco, but they didn't have a pumpkin or pumpkin puree in a can so the pumpkin pie recipe went out the window. I settled for an apple pie. Actually this was a good idea in the end as cooking the rest of it took ages and I wouldn't have bothered with the pie after all that.

I'm going to make the same stuffing for Christmas as it was so good and I'm tempted by the roasted veg, but we have to have roast potatoes with Christmas dinner and I'm not sure it would all fit in the oven. It was a bonus having the mash as that meant more space in the oven. Hmm...decisions...
Your Thanksgiving meal looks fab Abby, I said this year that I wish I had gone to the effort as it actually fell on my birthday. Next year for sure!
If you struggle to find a pumpkin or pumpkin purée in the shops, try a large garden centre. All the big ones round by me have an American food section and there was always pumpkin in a can.

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 01:49 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Abby x
I am highly amused at the lady in Tesco saying your shop was the most expensive she’d ever seen. I will not say how much we have spent on our festive food, but it is quite extravagant. I keep justifying things by saying ‘well we didn’t have a holiday this year so…’, but I wonder how long I can trade on that one for.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Abby and enjoy your well earned tip off work.

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
You have inspired me with this list, I’m going to add a few more things to my shopping list when I collect my turkey.
Hope you have a fantastic Christmas 🎄
You must let us know what you decide to try! Have a lovely Christmas OB1!

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Dear lord you’re gonna have to airlift me out of this house by the time January comes 😂. The cinnamon toast and gingerbread pancakes sound amazing! I’ll deffo be doing those this week!
I've bought a loaf of Brioche for the Cinnamon Toast, I'll be sure to report back!

I cannot wait to eat and eat and eat!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List