Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Jan 21, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
What does everyone think about having to get a negative test result to be able to travel home?

We were hoping to perhaps get to the Canary Islands in September but if this is still in place it’ll definitely put us off 😢😢😢
We are booked for the Canaries in September. As long as it is affordable I would probably still go if we need a test. I wouldn’t consider going if quarantine was in place though. I have already had my vaccination so hopefully at least I should be able to go even if it’s on my own !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
BA are pulling out of the holiday market and cancelling all the bookings according to BBC (Its unclear for how long but looks like they will only focus on Flights and no longer any packages)
Oh if they follow through With this... and stick to it - I am going to LOVE next peaks 😂
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
Oh if they follow through With this... and stick to it - I am going to LOVE next peaks 😂
I’ve just read the bbc piece on this, as I read it it’s only during the lockdown, they haven’t pulled out of the package market x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

I have loads booked for this year but am fully aware that some or all will need to be rescheduled. I really do need plans to look forward to, it keeps me sane!

Jan-Mar - hopefully getting the bathroom done but after the kitchen disaster I'm reluctant on having any more work done in the house

April - Frozen the Musical and a weeks trip to Philadelphia and Washington DC with my DD

June - & Juliet and Everybody's Talking About Jamie at the theatre

July - rescheduled trip from 2020 to Florida, Georgia, Tennessee and South Carolina

August - hopefully Joseph at the theatre (need to book)

September/October - a weeks road trip around Lake Michigan

November - Six the musical

December - a weekend in Vienna to see the Christmas markets and hopefully skiing in La Tania at Christmas

I have vouchers for Pretty Woman and Phantom of the Opera that I need to rebook and also want to see Dear Evan Hansen, Rock of Ages, Cinderella, Moulin Rouge and Drifters Girl but some of these may have to wait until 2022. I need to get back to work before I book anything else!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Well, as of 0129 this morning, we are now going to Krakow on the 12th December for 3 nights! Hotel booked with free cancellation until day before, and pay on arrival (hence why we could book it - no deposit needed!) we will wait for flights to see how the year and finances go

I’ve got a good feeling about this year!
We did Krakow in Nov 2019 and loved it! We annoyingly missed the Christmas markets by 2 days but the whole town is just lovely. Have a great time, I truly hope 2021 is a much better year for you both

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
May. Seeing the Killers at Bristol.

July. Seeing Brian Adams at the Eden Centre

July. Seeing 1980s bands (lots) at Powderham Castle.

August, overnight stays (or more) in SFO, Monterey, San Simeon, Pismo Beach, Solvang, Hollywood, Tucson, Tombstone, Winslow, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas.

December. Christmas markets in Berlin (not yet booked).

It’s gonna be a great year!
Berlin is my fave European city, we went in Dec 2018 for 3 nights but could easily have filled a week. I did a TR if you fancy a read to get some info. Highly recommend the free walking tour and getting the train to Sachsenhausen concentration camp just outside the city. Also the Christmas markets are wonderful but there was so much more to do than I expected

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 9 Jan 21, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
I’ve just read the bbc piece on this, as I read it it’s only during the lockdown, they haven’t pulled out of the package market x
I knew it would be too good to be true 😂 work still might get a good peaks without me though for this.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
We did Krakow in Nov 2019 and loved it! We annoyingly missed the Christmas markets by 2 days but the whole town is just lovely. Have a great time, I truly hope 2021 is a much better year for you both
Thank you ❤️

My sister went in December 2019 and missed the markets by 1 day 😂 they opened the day they left! My mum took a friend in January 2020 and asked if we wanted to go, stupidly said no because of the wedding in May. But we were intending to go in December 2020. But we’re so excited! Looked at some of the thermal spas outside of the city as well so we might do a day trip to one of those. I’ve never been to Christmas markets anywhere other than Edinburgh and London so really looking forward to it! No money involved at the moment so hopefully we will crack on with 2021 and be able to pay for it .

Your theatre plans sound amazing! Jamie is one of the best things I’ve ever seen! We also want to see Dear Evan Hansen and & Juliet. Six is on our list but I think I’ll be working on that so I’ll see if then. Xx
Old 9 Jan 21, 05:10 AM  
Link to this Post
sweetemotion
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 114
Since I have to quarantine for 2 weeks if I leave the country (which I think is bizarre the Uk aren’t doing this...) I’ll hopefully be spending two weeks in the Rockies this year visiting banff and jasper

WDW - 96, 99, 00, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 17
DLP - 98, 01, 02, 10 DLR - 11, 12, 14, 18 15
Las Vegas - 11, 12, 13x2, 14, 18x2
WDW Cast Member 17 - 18 14 U.S. States & Counting!
sweetemotion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I knew it would be too good to be true 😂 work still might get a good peaks without me though for this.
I didnt readit the same way and the reported on Radio 4 said BA are pulling out of the package holiday business to concentrate of flights fo that maybe clouded by read of the piece. *time will tell but it will be an odd year (again) for sure
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List