Old 13 Oct 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Still not holiday related - our flights are still a few weeks from being released - but I thought I’d post a pupdate :d.

Little rebel Princess Leia joined our family last night.

Oh she’s beautiful
Just caught up with your Pre trip report and it all sounds pretty exciting
I’m not confident we’ll be going in May so I’m not booking anything for September just yet as I’m thinking we may end up moving to September anyway.
Old 13 Oct 20, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Oh she’s beautiful
Just caught up with your Pre trip report and it all sounds pretty exciting
I’m not confident we’ll be going in May so I’m not booking anything for September just yet as I’m thinking we may end up moving to September anyway.
Thanks!

Yeah I’m not sure I’m that confident for September if I’m honest! I love the planning though so I’m going to crack on!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Thanks!

Yeah I’m not sure I’m that confident for September if I’m honest! I love the planning though so I’m going to crack on!
We’ve got to have some hope so I think you’re doing the right thing in continuing to plan so I’m looking forward to your updates
Old 13 Oct 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Well we had a chat with Mum & Dad. Dads eyes lit up when we said CSR was significantly cheaper than Dolphin but Mum is really keen on the location of the Dolphin. That really is the crux of it and without free dining (or any dining plan) the price of the Dolphin vs the Disney Epcot resorts makes it a no brainer. Marie also reminded me that this is a special birthday trip and we should stay somewhere special so unless we can get a great deal on Boardwalk I think it’ll be Dolphin. I just need to keep an eye out to see if we can get it cheaper than TR.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I definitely don't envy your dilemma! I had hoped the Epcot resorts would have been within our budget with the discount but it wasn't to be.

Once the carrot of the Dolphin has been dangled I think it's hard to see the moderates and values as anything other than a downgrade. If you are paying for food OOP then it is a better bet too with so many dining options.

I'm not sure how your voucher from Virgin works, can it be used towards a package? Virgin offer free parking at the Dolphin.

Once I saw the discounted cost of 2-bed villas at OKW I was dead set on waiting until they are released for our dates. Then I noticed Club Level at Gran Destino Tower was showing! Called Disney, and they didn't actually have Club available but they did have King Rooms. So we have 2x King Rooms in the Tower at CSR plus tickets for less than OKW would have been. Pretty happy with that!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I definitely don't envy your dilemma! I had hoped the Epcot resorts would have been within our budget with the discount but it wasn't to be.

Once the carrot of the Dolphin has been dangled I think it's hard to see the moderates and values as anything other than a downgrade. If you are paying for food OOP then it is a better bet too with so many dining options.

I'm not sure how your voucher from Virgin works, can it be used towards a package? Virgin offer free parking at the Dolphin.

Once I saw the discounted cost of 2-bed villas at OKW I was dead set on waiting until they are released for our dates. Then I noticed Club Level at Gran Destino Tower was showing! Called Disney, and they didn't actually have Club available but they did have King Rooms. So we have 2x King Rooms in the Tower at CSR plus tickets for less than OKW would have been. Pretty happy with that!
It’s an open ticket with VA rather than a voucher. I looked into using the miles for a package with VH but it just wouldn’t be worth it.

I would be happy with the tower too! I did suggest to Marie that we could go Club at the Tower but the location of the Dolphin is the lure. I think the only hotel that would get Mum away from the Dolphin is Boardwalk!

I’ve had a look at some of the DVC rental sites to see how much a 2 bed at BWV would be but although it’s affordable I worry that it’s too risky now.

Trip Report Index
Old 13 Oct 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

From what I have read, I think that the DVC Rental Stores have been quite good around cancellations, but I feel the same way as you do - too risky just now, I wouldn't feel comfortable booking. You are at the mercy of the goodwill of others.

DVC Rental Store is one we use and they do offer a Points Protection Plan that allows cancellation, it does add a lot to the price but perhaps worth looking into? Maybe you good book BWI as a surprise? I do like to spend other's money.

Club would have been fab without dining plan, especially for breakfast. I was a bit disappointed when she said there was no availability but a King room is £400 cheaper so basically the cost of a ticket. CSR is handy for offsite too with being so close to 192.

Isn't it lovely to be chatting about booking Disney again!? Hearing the hold music on the phone today made me very emotional.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
From what I have read, I think that the DVC Rental Stores have been quite good around cancellations, but I feel the same way as you do - too risky just now, I wouldn't feel comfortable booking. You are at the mercy of the goodwill of others.

DVC Rental Store is one we use and they do offer a Points Protection Plan that allows cancellation, it does add a lot to the price but perhaps worth looking into? Maybe you good book BWI as a surprise? I do like to spend other's money.

Club would have been fab without dining plan, especially for breakfast. I was a bit disappointed when she said there was no availability but a King room is £400 cheaper so basically the cost of a ticket. CSR is handy for offsite too with being so close to 192.

Isn't it lovely to be chatting about booking Disney again!? Hearing the hold music on the phone today made me very emotional.
Club rooms may still open up and as you say with no dining plan you’d probably get your money’s worth.

I think some of the issue for BWV will be the availability for 2 weeks too.

It is great to be talking about this again! I think part of me wanted everyone to say we should switch to CSR just so I could phone Disney!

Trip Report Index
Old 14 Oct 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Well I caved and moved our POFQ to CSR to take advantage of the offer and booked a room for Mum & Dad. I’m not sure why other than I wanted to secure a Disney booking “just in case”. I’m sure many of you will understand!

Trip Report Index
Old 14 Oct 20, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Reasons are:

It locks in CSR at a good price (and with $500 worth of gift cards) should we not manage to save enough for the Dolphin.

If there are any issues with Disney perks being withdrawn from the Dolphin. Not that I think they will be and as Marie says they can’t change the walking distance to Epcot and DHS!

It allows us to book parks and anything else we may need to book because we have tickets.

If we decide on the Dolphin we can change it to ticket only (hopefully without a fee).

Trip Report Index

Edited at 01:00 PM.