Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 23 Nov 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TerryYa View Post
Not massively impressed by the Discovery Cove sale.

One thing to notice is that you can change your dates free of charge to any other date within 14 days of your original booking, so if you're on the shoulder of a price change, book the cheapest one and then rearrange to your preferred date.
How many times can you change your date foc though?

Last year we had to change dates due to weather so I wouldn’t want to use up my one free date change if that’s all they offer.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
rudie111
Apprentice Imagineer

I can't see any availability for dates in 2021 for 3 inc swim? Has something changed

EDIT; My dates are available on Discover Cove website?!?!

Edited at 10:40 AM.
rudie111 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
TerryYa
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
How many times can you change your date foc though?

Last year we had to change dates due to weather so I wouldn’t want to use up my one free date change if that’s all they offer.
The website says you can have one change but that has to be made 14 days prior to your visit anyway otherwise it is a $50 charge, which is less than we're saving anyway.

I wonder if they'd do a more short term one due to weather anyway as the usual t&c doesn't seem like it allows it ordinarily?
TerryYa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

The website says you can have one change but that has to be made 14 days prior to your visit anyway otherwise it is a $50 charge, which is less than we're saving anyway.

I wonder if they'd do a more short term one due to weather anyway as the usual t&c doesn't seem like it allows it ordinarily?
If they don’t then there policy has changed. We changed last year due to weather.

Thinking of booking this offer for next August, will have a read of the t&c as we would want the option to change dates if there’s a storm forecast.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
TerryYa
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
If they don’t then there policy has changed. We changed last year due to weather.

Thinking of booking this offer for next August, will have a read of the t&c as we would want the option to change dates if there’s a storm forecast.
I think you're right and I was maybe reading it wrong. The usual t&c's say that you can make one complimentary change and doesn't mention timescales.

I've taken the risk though, as booking for a cheaper date in August (within 14 days) was around $88 per person cheaper than the more expensive dates. For us that's a $352 saving. We're going for 3.5 weeks and once (if) we get the plan sorted we'll change the booking to fit in with it. In the case of having to change again I'll still be quids in after paying the $50 fee.
TerryYa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

Took my own advice and booked for the cheapest dates around when we want to go. Will then change dates once our itinerary is firmed up. Should save us up to £50pp, which isn't to be sniffed at when there are four of us.

One thing I did miss was when it used dynamic conversion and changed by bill to sterling, charging £30 for the privilege. I'm usually fairly switched on with this so be careful if you're booking. I think it's a bit sneaky as it defaults to sterling and the option to switch appears higher up the page, off screen, only once you've finished entering your card details. So I'm going to cancel and rebook.
Thanks for posting . I'm looking at booking DC tickets at the weekend before the offer finishes. How do we get around the £30 fee for the currency conversion please? Do I have to click on something on the payment page? Thanks x
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
TerryYa
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by kitjos View Post
Thanks for posting . I'm looking at booking DC tickets at the weekend before the offer finishes. How do we get around the £30 fee for the currency conversion please? Do I have to click on something on the payment page? Thanks x
Yes, after you put a UK card in there will be a box with a US flag and a conversion box. Just make sure that the USA $ box is ticked. When I booked the second time it was more obvious than I thought It's a fee of around 3.5%.

Just make sure that your card doesn't charge loads. I've got a Halifax clarity card so no fees what so ever. (Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs.)
Old 25 Nov 20, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

Yes, after you put a UK card in there will be a box with a US flag and a conversion box. Just make sure that the USA $ box is ticked. When I booked the second time it was more obvious than I thought It's a fee of around 3.5%.

Just make sure that your card doesn't charge loads. I've got a Halifax clarity card so no fees what so ever. (Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs.)

Thank you so much! I'm new to all this booking lark, so I'm grateful for your detailed post. I have a Halifax clarity card so I'll use that to purchase it and I'll make sure the USA box is ticked .

Thank You! Xx
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
may
Apprentice Imagineer

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
So I swallowed my grumpy objections and bought 3 non swims including the resort fee or as I like to call it the fee for being in a place that I have already paid to be in and the service fee otherwise known as the money I have to pay in order that I can pay money. I did say I was grumpy :-) ...

Edited at 01:10 AM.
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by may View Post
So I swallowed my grumpy objections and bought 3 non swims including the resort fee or as I like to call it the fee for being in a place that I have already paid to be in and the service fee otherwise known as the money I have to pay in order that I can pay money. I did say I was I was grumpy :-) ...
It's a shame you bought 3 tickets. If you don't want to go it might be better if you do your own thing for the day and let the others enjoy themselves.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List