Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Dec 19, 02:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Dogmad
Earning More Ears

Mobile Upper class Virgin Man to MCO

Hi,

We are planning a family trip to Orlando next year and as a special treat are considering flying upper class.

Does anyone know what is a good or average price for this flight please.

We are looking at travelling around the 14th October - 3rd November. For direct flights we are currently getting prices of around £7300 for two adults and one 9yr old child. Is this a good price or not?

Thanks.
Dogmad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 19, 03:56 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Hi Dogmad - as the VA 747 UC cabin only has 14 seats I'd guess that price is about right for 2ad/1 child in UC return. Seats are individual herringbone, see HERE, so whilst you'll be close, during take off/landing your bairn will be seated on their own.

PE may be circa £3600 if travel dates are during school holidays. We pay c£800 for PE off peak.
Old 20 Dec 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Dogmad
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Thanks for this. Admit the layout is a concern especially as it is his first flight, maybe premium out and upper class back may be a better option.

Yes the time we are going does cover half term, with a few days added on either side.
Old 20 Dec 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

Just gone upper class to Hong Kong 3 weeks ago and premium coming back 2 days ago . We did it with our airmiles and while it was lovely, I wouldn't pay for it as I don't think it's worth the extra cost.
The cabin layout is a bit odd and although the food was lovely , I'm not sure a child would enjoy it.
We were both very disappointed with the flat bed as it was a bit too narrow and very hard to sleep on , so we ended up after an hour or so just changing it back to a seat .
Premium however is a good compromise, lots more room than economy.
It was a great experience in upper class and if I could do it again using miles then yes I would, but I wouldn't pay full price unless money is no object
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Gp1602
Getting Excited

We travelled upper class with children aged 7 and 8 and they loved it. They sat at the bar and were fussed by the staff. They had a separate menu booked in advance. We didn’t find the layout a problem at all. We paid £4400 for 4 of us from Belfast to MCO in July school holidays which I thought was a really good deal.
Gp1602 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Dogmad
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Gp1602 View Post
We travelled upper class with children aged 7 and 8 and they loved it. They sat at the bar and were fussed by the staff. They had a separate menu booked in advance. We didn’t find the layout a problem at all. We paid £4400 for 4 of us from Belfast to MCO in July school holidays which I thought was a really good deal.
Wow that was a great price! Was that this year?
Old 20 Dec 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Gp1602
Getting Excited

That was last year. It was booked after someone on here posted it so we took a cheap flight over to Belfast. VA fly on a Sunday so may be worth checking that price out of you’re prepared to go to Belfast. It was the only way we could afford it to go upper class as prices from Manchester were a lot higher.
Gp1602 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Our target for UC is £1200 (our max. is £1500) per person. So far we have got around £1200 for the past few trips (peak summer).
We have also got Aer Lingus business class for the same price (much better than UC in my view (expect the Virgin Clubhouse which is fantastic)).
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dogmad View Post
Thanks for this. Admit the layout is a concern especially as it is his first flight, maybe premium out and upper class back may be a better option.

Yes the time we are going does cover half term, with a few days added on either side.
We took our son in UC when he was two, no problem. We took the front seats and they are the closest so, my wife was very close
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bluestraw
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
Our target for UC is £1200 (our max. is £1500) per person. So far we have got around £1200 for the past few trips (peak summer).
We have also got Aer Lingus business class for the same price (much better than UC in my view (expect the Virgin Clubhouse which is fantastic)).
I'd love to know roughly when in the year you found those priced? I've been watching for a while and the lowest I saw for summer holiday prices was about £2250!
Bluestraw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List