Old 29 Sep 06, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
AndyJ
Imagineer

AndyJ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 16
DLP in the snow is great =) The motor show was especially funny. The cameramen were making little snowmen on the walls at the side and putting them on the big screen!

They had an army out clearing the paths...
diary.andyjpartridge/im...ovie_brush.jpg

Edited at 04:53 PM.
AndyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 06, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
AndyJ
Imagineer

AndyJ's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by phgannon

[Post Edit] I also used this software to create the panoramic which is constructed out of 5 individual shots.

Wow! I never would have guessed. I took mine with a wide angle and cropped out a 16:9 size section from it, but yours came out much better.

Fantastic sir.

Pressed up against glass in lounge:
diary.andyjpartridge/im...dlp05_wide.jpg
AndyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 06, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
phgannon
VIP Dibber

phgannon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Thanks for all your comments. You're all very kind.

Interesting that no one so far has mentioned the first one which I personally really like for a couple of reasons... it might even be my favourite along with the panoramic which I'm really quite proud of.

I like the first pic because all the fireworks are white - there's no colour there at all and that's really unusual with fireworks.

The other thing I like about it is how the fireworks silhouettes the castle and the top end of the park.

The only thing I don't like about this shot are the two green lasers coming out of the top of the two like 2 green eyes! If it wasn't for that then it really would be a black and white photo without it being taken on black and white film.

Andy, I do like the close up you got of the castle draped in all it's Christmas lights (even if there is a pole in the way!) diary.andyjpartridge/?I..._xmas_tree.jpg. You must have used a tripod or rested your camera on top of a bin for this!
phgannon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 06, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Great photos (the 2nd one is my fav),wouldnt mind you taking ours, fancy coming with us in 49Days.
Got a new Digital Camera this time, blamed the bad photos on the camera last time.

Edited at 04:19 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 06, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
phgannon
VIP Dibber

phgannon's Reviews
Originally Posted by purpleprincess
Great photos wouldnt mind you taking ours, fancy coming with us in 49Days.
Ooooo don't tempt me! Not sure my wife and kids would like me going without them!

Seriously though thanks for the nice comment.
phgannon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 06, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
phgannon
VIP Dibber

phgannon's Reviews
Photo number 2 seems to be every's favourite so far. Looking good number 2!
Old 29 Sep 06, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
AndyJ
Imagineer

AndyJ's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I like the first pic because all the fireworks are white - there's no colour there at all and that's really unusual with fireworks.
Here's the funny thing, if they are the same as the Florida ones, they are not actually fireworks. They are miltary designed flares that simulate Stinger missiles.

As a personal thing, I don't like this type of delayed firework shot. Nothing wrong with it at all; I just tend towards trying to snap a shape in the sky.

You must have used a tripod or rested your camera on top of a bin for this!
I guess you read my Night Photography article then It was a tripod this time, but you never know where the camera can get rested

Old 29 Sep 06, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
AndyJ
Imagineer

AndyJ's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by purpleprincess
Great photos (the 2nd one is my fav),wouldnt mind you taking ours, fancy coming with us in 49Days.
Got a new Digital Camera this time, blamed the bad photos on the camera last time.
What a sweet comment!

Hey, don't forget the great thing about digital, you can take loads and loads of pictures, then just delete the bad ones.

It's not uncommon, and I am NOT stretching the truth here at all, for me to take 20 pictures in one location to ensure I get ONE I like. I took 87 pictures of two birds feeding on a fat ball this summer, for example.

As for Wishes, 800 odd pictures two years ago.
Old 29 Sep 06, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dcmax
Imagineer

The infamous budgie shot.. i11.photobucket/albums/a1.../minkycrop.jpg... He had done about twenty circuits of the room to get that shot.. Good job we're open plan and he's a fit bird. In all something like 20 to 30 shots the first 10 just to work out a shutter speed..

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Trip Reports

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Restaurant Reports

July 91 WDW...July 92 DL CA...July 93 DL CA...Feb 97 DLP...Feb 02 DLP...Xmas 03 DLP...Xmas 04 WDW...Oct 05 WDW...Xmas 05 DL CA...March 06 DLP ...Nov 06 WDW... Xmas 06 DLP... Apr 07 WDW... Nov 07 DL CA ...Dec/Jan 07/08 DLP... Mar 08 WDW.. Jun 08 DLP.. Mar 09 DL HK
dcmax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 06, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
AndyJ
Imagineer

AndyJ's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by dcmax
The infamous budgie shot.. i11.photobucket/albums/a1.../minkycrop.jpg... He had done about twenty circuits of the room to get that shot.. Good job we're open plan and he's a fit bird. In all something like 20 to 30 shots the first 10 just to work out a shutter speed..
After the first shot he was flashed and flying blind
Closed Thread