Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 1 Jun 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Mobile Support

Ds has support of 4 hours a week from SS – provided by a company. Since lockdown and all this covid stuff he has not really been happy about having this support and my sister mainly has been helping him with his washing and support. Does anyone know if is possible to switch to Direct Payments and would my sister be able to provide this support for him on a more permanent basis? He isn’t really happy about having someone in his flat at the moment that he does not know, which is understandable. I am his appointee in all his matters with social services and financial and benefits etc, is this something that I can intiate?
Old 4 Jun 20, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

If he is no longer happy with the service you can change to direct payments, we were offered this for my son after the support worker just didn't work for us and no other local support service had spaces for his needs, not sure how it works using those payments for a family member as I know there was mention over tax and NI when we discussed it but can't remember what as my son chose to close the support as he went back to college 4 days a week.
lemon-squeeze is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Thanks, i am going to contact social worker. I have provisionally cancelled next two weeks, as he freaked out when support turned up, even though i had cancelled it. I dont think he is going to accept it anymore, which is a shame because it took me ages of fighting to get it in place!
Old 4 Jun 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

If your sister doesn’t live with your DS then yes direct payment will cover. DS has respite at his brother’s and he gets direct payment each month.
Old 4 Jun 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
If your sister doesn’t live with your DS then yes direct payment will cover. DS has respite at his brother’s and he gets direct payment each month.
He goes to her place a lot as its nearer to mine, and with all of this she has been helping him with his washing etc and making sure he has his tablets etc. He really doesnt like anyone else being around, but does trust family, so it would make sense to have her do it. Defintely looking into it. Is the paperwork complicated?
Old 4 Jun 20, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
He goes to her place a lot as its nearer to mine, and with all of this she has been helping him with his washing etc and making sure he has his tablets etc. He really doesnt like anyone else being around, but does trust family, so it would make sense to have her do it. Defintely looking into it. Is the paperwork complicated?
Youngest DS has been having respite from his older brother for years now. It went through the normal direct payment advisers. No problems once they knew his brother didn’t live at home xx
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Im hoping that our local council will have similar support advisors to help with this. Thanks for your help. X