Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10 May 08, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
rusty30
Imagineer

UPDATED: The DIBB Photo Competition RULES & Introduction

The DIBB Photo Competition Rules

1. All Photos must comply with current DIBB rules on picture posting.
2. Each member may post TWO photos per theme unless otherwise specified.
3. Once posted, your picture may not be changed.
4. Heavily photoshopped images are not encouraged - however cropping, sharpening, levels adjustments etc are acceptable. HDR is considered heavy photoshopping and HDR images are not admissable as entries.
5. Photos of any trip can be used, they do not have to be recent.
6. Themes are fairly broad and can include images from Disneyland Paris, Disneyland California or, if suitable to the theme, other Florida theme parks.
7. Please only post photos taken by yourself. Dont include PhotoPass pictures or Ride Photos - we will know and you will be sent to the DIBB Dungeon.
8. Each Competition will run for each calendar month and no more entries will be allowed after the closing date which will always be the last day of the month.
9. Voting will begin shortly after each competition closes - if you have entered please try and vote!
10. Voting for yourself will be possible, but we will mock you publicly. Modesty is definately the order of the day.
11. You do not have to have entered the competition to be able to vote - ANY DIBB member can vote.
12. A judge will pick 15 photos out of all the eligible entries.
13. Votes will be made by poll.
14. There will be a small prize for the First Place winner in each competition.
15. Photos should not exceed 800x600
16. Photographs that are being offered For Sale on other sites are not eligible. this is STRICTLY an amateur contest. Professional Photographers ARE still welcome to enter, but please do not enter pictures that are being offered for sale or have been used in a professional capacity (i.e advertising, promotional work etc).
17. If your photo breaks any of the above rules then it will not be included in the final vote.

Hi Guys

Welcome to the DIBB Photo Competition Page!

I do hope as many of you as possible will try and get involved - its all about sharing our photos and having a bit of a laugh. You dont have to own a fancy camera or need to have "arty farty" pictures to enter! We just want to see your best shots of Disney and share them with everyone - with a chance of winning a small prize.

The rules are simple (I hope) but if anyone needs any clarification, please PM me. Its only a bit of fun, so we dont need to be too
strict!

We have now changed to a monthly competition, mainly as the admin work is quite hefty! This way it makes it much easier to know when contests start and end and keeps it all neat and tidy!

There will be a dedicated thread for each competition here on the photo forum. PLEASE dont post your photos on this thread!

For those of you unsure how to post a photo, have a read of this excellent guide written by Andre: POSTING A PHOTO

Voting will take place on a seperate thread. One of the most important rules, is that you dont have to enter the competition to vote! If you dont have a photo to enter, then still check out the thread and try to vote!

Themes for 2009 are:

January - Rides

February - Parades

March - Magic Kingdom

April - Night Time At the Parks

May - World Showcase

June - Animal Kingdom

July - People

August - Disney Hollywood Studios

September - Non Disney Parks

October - Halloween / Autumn

November - Epcot

December - Winter Wonderland

The main point of this is getting lots of photos posted, so do please come and join in, have fun and enjoy looking at the piccies!

Allie

Edited at 06:45 PM. Reason: Updated rules
rusty30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 08, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post

I love looking at other peoples photo's. Can't wait for it to begin
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 08, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Sounds good Allie, I have made this a sticky

Let the competition commence then.
Old 10 May 08, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
rusty30
Imagineer

Cheers Michelle - I was hoping a Mod might do that
rusty30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 08, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DizneyBlonde
Imagineer

So we post on this thread then?

Thanks rusty you're a star!

3 Kids hit Disney 2007 Trippie Index

3 Kids and a 40th at My Castle - Pre trippie
DizneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 08, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
summerlily2002
Imagineer

Great, i will join in when i get back from my holiday (love that word arty farty! my mum says it all the time )
Old 10 May 08, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Andre
VIP Dibber

You may even need more than two polls, judging by the first hour or so of photos... If you do, it might be worth subgrouping the photos by category to make the different polls? (e.g. one poll for castle photos, one for people, etc.)

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 -•- Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 -•- Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13, Aug 14, Aug 15, Jul/Aug 16, Aug 17, Aug 18, Aug 19... and coming next, Jul/Aug 20
Disneyland Paris: Many times since 1992, lost count! -•- Disneyland California: Aug 2011 (for D23 Expo event), Aug 2014
Andre is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 08, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post

It's that long since I've been to Florida that I'm going to have to scan some pics in to enter Great idea and am loving the photos already posted Off to dig out my photos...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 08, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Fantastic idea, looking forward to seeing all the entries!

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
MAY 1999, SEPT 2003, XMAS 2005, AUG 2007, APR 2008, APR 2009
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
Port Orleans French Quarter APR 2005, OCT 2006
Polynesian: FEB 2007
Caribbean Beach SEPT 2008
DISNEYLAND PARIS: SEPT 1999, JAN 2002, MAY 2006
DISNEYLAND RESORT CALIFORNIA:
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 08, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
rusty30
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DizneyBlonde View Post
So we post on this thread then?
No, dont post here - I'll have to smack your wrist . Each Round will have a seperate thread and you post your piccies on that!

Thanks

Allie
Closed Thread