Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 29 Jun 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Vancouver

Can some one point me in the direction of some good trip reports for Vancouver? Any suggestions for reasonably priced hotels would be great as well please. Planning on a week there. Thanks a lot guys.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
We visited back in 2015 (it only feels like a couple of years ago! ) so not sure how current the information in our report is.

We did book an apartment rather than a hotel, located at False Creek around 20 minutes walk (or two metro stops) from the harbour area in downtown.

We did really enjoy Vancouver - highly recommended.
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Thanks Tonymc. I will enjoy reading that...in fact I vaguely remember it I think!
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Following this as we’re planning a trip next June

I asked a similar question about where to stay on this thread - https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1174505 so some of the replies might help you too.
kateb78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Should have been going to Calgary tomorrow and would have had 5 nights in Vancouver as part of our trip. I will keep an eye on this thread for future planning if that's ok.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

We're booked into The Burrard for the start (3 nights) and the last night of our road trip in September - if we go! Booked it last year and got a very good price indeed, so worth checking it out as now the same price for 1 night last time I looked as I got for 3! Fully cancellable and not paid anything.

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kateb78 View Post
Following this as we’re planning a trip next June

I asked a similar question about where to stay on this thread - https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1174505 so some of the replies might help you too.
I did see your post and some of the hotels suggested were really lovely. Bit expensive for us to stay the week as some were, around $275 per night and over that. Blue Horizon was around $189 pn. Thanks for your help.
Old 30 Jun 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by anji View Post
We're booked into The Burrard for the start (3 nights) and the last night of our road trip in September - if we go! Booked it last year and got a very good price indeed, so worth checking it out as now the same price for 1 night last time I looked as I got for 3! Fully cancellable and not paid anything.
Really hope September happens for you. I had looked at the Burrard and it seems a good choice. I like the look of that area too. Thank you
Old 30 Jun 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tonymc View Post
We visited back in 2015 (it only feels like a couple of years ago! ) so not sure how current the information in our report is.

We did book an apartment rather than a hotel, located at False Creek around 20 minutes walk (or two metro stops) from the harbour area in downtown.

We did really enjoy Vancouver - highly recommended.
Was this a privately owned apartment? Thanks
Old 30 Jun 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
It was a privately owned apartment, but booked through Trip Advisor.
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List