Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 22 Nov 20, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Yes, it is lovely.. this was how busy it was in August peak season!
My kinda beach... no people.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 10:25 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Wow these look like perfection to me! Can’t be doing with crowded beaches. Just need to be able to travel now 🤞😆
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tigger48 View Post
Wow these look like perfection to me! Can’t be doing with crowded beaches. Just need to be able to travel now 🤞😆
Even in Cornwall, some of the very best beaches are deserted. You just need to know where they are and how to get to them. Some involve a bit of Kayaking... in the case of the image, 4 miles of Kayaking to a beach that no more than a dozen will go on in a year.. it has Auks, Razorbills, Guillemots and commoner birds as well as a Shipwreck.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 11:39 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
It’s incredibly nice so no worries. I’ve stayed in Naples all over- maybe 20 times. Lely is my favourite place to actually stay as I like the Player’s Club, but I love North Naples. I’ve stayed in Briarwood and in a Condo up near Vanderbilt and stayed many times at Lover’s Key and Bonita. Stayed in Park Shore.
You have loads up there- Lowdermilk which is my favourite, Barefoot, Estero, Lover’s Key State Park and of course not far to Fort Myers, Sanibel etc. It’s also closer to Corkscrew and the great outlet mall.
It’s a wonderful area.
However unless you are in Old Town Naples you really need to drive places although you can walk around the residential streets in that area.
I don’t think I’ve ever been to that Mercato (not been up that area much for quite a few years as last 3 stays in Naples I was in Lely) but it looks very good with some great restaurants (Seasons etc)
We stayed at a villa on Lely too. Hands down the nicest villa we've stayed in, very luxurious. DH enquired about golf but whoever he spoke to in the clubhouse was most unhelpful. We didn't bother using the facilities. Villa was too nice to leave! My only negative is you have to drive if staying at Lely, or book an uber. We did use an Uber one night but it got stuck at the gate to our estate and dH had to nip along to let it in.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
One of the best things we did last summer was a turtle hatch morning walk at Sarasota. Free to join. We were so lucky as they checked a nest and pulled out several baby turtles that were stuck. Amazing to witness.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List