Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 3 Feb 21, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Grocery delivery?

hi all

so apart from Garden Grocer who are you all using for grocery delivery to your resort?
Good points and bad points included please.

I am looking at 2 weeks DVC (no car) want a lot of things delivered until i decide into week 2 to do an uber to walmart.

So ONLY looking for best value delivery to resort please
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
meanwoodwhite
Excited about Disney

There are quite a few now

Instacart use Publix, ABC Liquor, Costco

Shipt use Target

And I think Walmart do delivery now.

I have only used Instacart, had no issues making orders and use British card to pay, can get same day delivery and delivery is usually free on first order.

Only con is that drivers are self employed and usually don't have good English skills so they don't have the best motivation to get the order to you if they are having difficulty finding you and don't message you because of lack of English.

I didn't lose an order, but I did have to run around the hotel car park to see if I could see anyone that looked like they were delivering food.

I did have the same issue with Door Dash ( take away food delivery)so probably all the other grocery delivery companies use the same model of self employed drivers
meanwoodwhite is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by meanwoodwhite View Post
There are quite a few now

Instacart use Publix, ABC Liquor, Costco

Shipt use Target

And I think Walmart do delivery now.

I have only used Instacart, had no issues making orders and use British card to pay, can get same day delivery and delivery is usually free on first order.

Only con is that drivers are self employed and usually don't have good English skills so they don't have the best motivation to get the order to you if they are having difficulty finding you and don't message you because of lack of English.

I didn't lose an order, but I did have to run around the hotel car park to see if I could see anyone that looked like they were delivering food.

I did have the same issue with Door Dash ( take away food delivery)so probably all the other grocery delivery companies use the same model of self employed drivers
Thank you Meanwoodwhite, I have registered with instacart and having a good look through and comparing the prices between Target and Publix, Target winning
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
meanwoodwhite
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Disney Nanny View Post
Thank you Meanwoodwhite, I have registered with instacart and having a good look through and comparing the prices between Target and Publix, Target winning
Publix is really nice, but that total can really rack up. They usually do alot of buy one get one free offers

My last trip i was making an order and it was going above $250 and I hadn't got everything I needed. But groceries are so much more expensive in the US its difficult to keep the price reasonable.
meanwoodwhite is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 21, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
may
Apprentice Imagineer

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
I'm looking at using Instacart to deliver from Aldi in the hope of keeping prices reasonable although I expect it isn't the same width of choice as Target or Publix.
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 21, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I now use Instacart. I did a thread on using them over on the DVC boards. Much cheaper than GG and never had any issues.
Old 7 Feb 21, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUKinOrlando
Imagineer

We use Instacart via Publix every week. We've been using them and kerbside pick up since the pandemic took hold. They are very good. They 'chat' with you while they shop and offer options on items that are of stock.
The prices are slightly higher, but worth it.
MarkUKinOrlando is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

I was thinking of doing a Walmart grocery pick up. There are a lot that do this and delivery as others have said.
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUKinOrlando View Post
We use Instacart via Publix every week. We've been using them and kerbside pick up since the pandemic took hold. They are very good. They 'chat' with you while they shop and offer options on items that are of stock.
The prices are slightly higher, but worth it.
Mark do you have a spare room? I’ve had enough over here.