Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 6 Apr 21, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

2020 DVC Gold Annual Pass

We purchased Gold annual passes in January 2020 and used them for 6 days. We didn’t request a refund in July as we had flights booked for October and November 2020, January and April 2021 and didn’t for a minute think we would get there before 19th June 2021 - which the extended expiry date.

Does anyone know if Disney are helping international visitors regarding annual passes? Is the 2020 policy for annual passes still applicable? (you can renew existing annual passes but not purchase new ones). Have we just had the most expensive 6 days at Disney and it’s tough luck?

We have flights booked for August and October but obviously no idea if we will be able to enter the US.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

If you ring the VIP passholder line, I rang through the UK a number first, you can ask nicely if there is any further extension available due to the no fly restrictions. Having said that I got an extension on the actual extension as they could see I had something booked for May 21. Our passes were Sept 2019 and the original extension took us to Dec 2020. They could see we had cancelled three trips. As we had the May trip booked they extended to the end of May 21, but were very clear they would not do so again. We decided to renew while we could, feeling lucky to have the AP at all, and will have them for our Sept 21 and January 22 trips.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Thank you for your reply. I was on the DVC site earlier booking rooms for August and there was a notification on there saying the lines are really busy and asking not to call (along those lines) so I thought I would ask on here first. Do you have the UK pass holder number to hand? I’m guessing it’s different to the DVC one I have?

They will be able to see all of our cancelled trips and I’m now booking rooms for Aug/Sep and Oct/Nov. I haven’t asked for any kind of extension yet so I guess it’s worth a try.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

You will need to call the passholder VIP line - not member services, their wait times are as bad or worse than member services so use a freephone number
Old 8 Apr 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Yes I am afraid you have to ring the VIP passholder line, it is at the bottom of the UK site I think. Once extended by the them you have to brave the DVC line to renew.
The waits were bad both times, I am afraid.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
Yes I am afraid you have to ring the VIP passholder line, it is at the bottom of the UK site I think. Once extended by the them you have to brave the DVC line to renew.
The waits were bad both times, I am afraid.
Fabulous! The only extension without a free phone number I’ll wait a while before I ring them then.
Old 11 Apr 21, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
Fabulous! The only extension without a free phone number I’ll wait a while before I ring them then.
😭 sorry, actually what I did was ring the UK number free number and asked to be put through to that department, VIP passholder line. If you do that on 0800 UK number it is free!
Then ring DVC free.
I just put the phone on speaker while I was at my desk doing bills etc, second time watching crap TV.
Old 12 Apr 21, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Hopefully got my refund sorted. They hadn't paid out and were going to send 3 cheques (in dollars!). After a fairly long call they are now in the process of refunding directly to the original payment card (American Express).

Waiting for callback so we can then rebuy the Gold passes to start in August 2021. Cross fingers.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List