Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 25 Apr 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile Disney Magic - cabin and TA advice needed

We ( 2 adults and DS16) are looking at the 11 night Norway/Iceland/Scotland cruise for August 2022.
We’ve been on DCL twice before but only in a verandah room which, unfortunately, is WAY out of our price range for this cruise 😂
Our options are;
11A inside on deck 7
11B inside on deck 5
10C on deck 2 or deck 1
OR an ocean view 09D on deck 1

The ocean view has 2 small portholes and is £700 more than the insides.
What would you do?

Also, would you book with DCL direct or with a U.S TA? Dreams Unlimited have offered $450 OBC which is extremely tempting - any reasons you can think of not to book with them?
Thank you so much for any help with this. I’m SO EXCITED! 😃
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
pubguv
Proud to wear my Ears

I would look at another cruise company they would be half the price even in a balcony room, it would also include drinks. We have sailed Disney a few times when kids were younger since then we have found NCL our 16 year old daughter loves it gets her own drinks when she wants them the entourage club for 13-17 year olds is marvellous much better than Disney for older children.
pubguv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 21, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

personally I'd go inside but you have to think about how you would feel not being able to see the outside at all. Did you ever use your verandah or even look out the window? Do you think you would miss that?

The only issue booking with a US TA is that you have to pay in $s but personally I've used US TAs and never found that a problem. The OBC is a nice bonus
Old 26 Apr 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

My personal favourite rooms on the Disney Magic (and Disney Wonder) are the inside ‘sideways style’ rooms on deck 5.

I feel like the layout of the room makes it feel more spacious (it’s psychological as it isn’t actually bigger as far as I know).

I also love being on deck 5 as there are no long corridors of staterooms, as it’s on the same level as the kids clubs and the movie theatre - I love that we can walk from one end of the ship to the other without having to walk along the narrow corridors. 👍👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 21, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for the replies.
I did look at the NCL cruise. A very similar itinerary and you are right, we could get a balcony cabin for the same price as a Disney inside. But in the end ... I’ve gone for Disney! Booked an inside on deck 1.
I decided £700 just for the portholes was too much - especially as our son would have his bed next to it and probably want the curtains shut! I’ll use the money to buy myself morning coffees, wrap up warm and sit out on deck in the mornings whilst the menfolk snore in their dark cave 😂
Last time we did a Mediterranean cruise with DCL we absolutely LOVED the entertainment and, having had a year of no travel, no cinemas or theatres , I’m so very excited to that aspect of the Disney cruise that we just wouldn’t get on another cruise line.
We went with Dreams Unlimited and will get $400 OBC. We don’t drink much so that will more than pay our bar bill .
The cancellation policy is good too - a full refund of deposit if we need/ decide to cancel before the PiF date next April.
So, overall, I’m buzzing! Thanks for letting me chat about it 😊😂
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 21, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We have done inside cruises but when we did Norway I regretted it. Each morning we sailed through somewhere beautiful and I watched it on the tv as we were getting ready.

For this particular cruise I’d at least want a window.

Take the $450 onboard credit to offset the extra costs.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List