Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 May 21, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Zeddykins
Getting to know the DIBB

Universal Studios Package

Hi, has anyone had any experience of booking a package (hotel, tickets & car rental) with Universal Studios?
Thinking of booking direct with them as the price is pretty good, it’s a US site (so dollars) which I’ve not had any experience with before.
Just wondered if anyone’s booked a package with them, including car hire, and had any problems?
Zeddykins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

As it’s the US site the car hire will be catered for Americans. Ie no insurance.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
andyh
Trainee Dibber

Hi there, we have booked our Christmas trip with them direct for 4 nights via the US site. We did not take the car as we are transferring to Disney afterwards.

All worked well, we also took the cancel for any reason insurance they offer just in case.
andyh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

As above, the car hire may not come with the insurance you will need and I’d also consider if the tickets you’re getting are what you need as the US site doesn’t sell the same ticket that we can get here (14 days) so if you plan to go to the parks over a few different dates you might be better buying the ticket you can get here. You’ll also need a card without foreign transaction fees to pay in dollars I would have thought, or it could end up costing more than it looks.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Zeddykins
Getting to know the DIBB

Thanks all. Really good point about car hire being valid for U.S. guests and not providing the cover we need.
With that in mind I booked separately with UK sites that I can cancel with no charge (just in case).
Zeddykins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List