Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 May 21, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tweety-pie View Post
It’s a great series, both the books and the 90s series. I haven’t seen the new one on Netflix yet, have you?
I have indeed. It isnt lifted from books unlike the others but many of the same characters appear. Infact it isnt written by Armistead but he was an exec producer. Anna appears and one of the episodes is devoted to her history - that is my favourite.
Armistead is currently writing a new book - Mona of The Manor based in the 1980’s in UK.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
tweety-pie
Imagineer

tweety-pie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I have indeed. It isnt lifted from books unlike the others but many of the same characters appear. Infact it isnt written by Armistead but he was an exec producer. Anna appears and one of the episodes is devoted to her history - that is my favourite.
Armistead is currently writing a new book - Mona of The Manor based in the 1980’s in UK.
I’ll have a look at that then. The book sounds good - I do like Mona! Wasn’t it funny how they changed some of the actors on the old series! I wasn’t so keen on the second Michael or Mona!

Doesn’t Armistead live in London now?

Do I sound like a Tales of the City stalker?
Old 2 May 21, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I’ll have a look at that then. The book sounds good - I do like Mona! Wasn’t it funny how they changed some of the actors on the old series! I wasn’t so keen on the second Michael or Mona!

Its good to have a passion and I love that Tales really has fans (like me and you) - I think I will now re-read. The Days of Anna Madrigal (“A Man and a Girl”)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Steel Magnolias is such a great and very underrated film that has an amazing female cast
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Steel Magnolias is such a great and very underrated film that has an amazing female cast
Its a wonderful film - I remember seeing it when it came out and having it on VHS played so much the tape “stretched”
Old 2 May 21, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Its a wonderful film - I remember seeing it when it came out and having it on VHS played so much the tape “stretched”
It’s one of those films I’m happy to watch on a Saturday afternoon especially if everyone else are out , always have a blubber moment
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

The second Mouse was just wrong!

He does live in London now with husband Christopher.

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by willow View Post
The second Mouse was just wrong!

He does live in London now with husband Christopher.

Indeed they do and you can follow his fan page here :

google/url?sa=t&rc...D5Rl yWjfau8o

With some lovely tributes to Olympia and sweet photos

Edited at 02:52 PM.
Old 14 May 21, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

bbc/sounds/play/m000vz92

Lovely tribute to Olympia today on Radio 4 (at the start of this download ) and much about Tales with Armistead Maupin
Old 14 May 21, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Clairee: 'looks like two pigs fightin' under a blanket'.

Clairee: 'The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorise'.

Clairee to Ouiser: 'You sound almost chipper. What happened today, you run over a small child or something?'

Clairee: Ousier's never done a religious thing in her life.
Ouiser: Now that is not true. When I was in school, a bunch of my friends and I would dress up as nuns and go bar-hoppin'.

And not forgetting Truvy: 'Sammy's so confused he doesn't know whether to scratch his watch or wind his butt'.

Never fails to have me laughing my back off. Thank you for the movies Olympia, rest easy lass.