Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 May 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
muppster
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Butts1 View Post
Are they charging minimal deposits like BA and as I asked above refunding your deposit in the form of a voucher if you decide not to go at the six week stage ?
Having two trips booked with BA as well as this one with VH I can say that the t's and c's with Virgin are not quite as good as with BA.
I paid £175pp deposit with VH and with BA it was £150.

Virgin seem to suggest that if I cancel I could lose my deposit and their normal cancellation policy applies. Then it goes on to say that I can cancel up to three weeks out and receive a voucher for future travel. If they cancel then of course I am entitled to a refund.

Virgin do however allow you to make changes to your booking including dates and destinations...
muppster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Our payment date is now 30th June rather than next week.
We didn’t ask for it just noticed it on the app.
Very handy.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Butts1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by muppster View Post
Having two trips booked with BA as well as this one with VH I can say that the t's and c's with Virgin are not quite as good as with BA.
I paid £175pp deposit with VH and with BA it was £150.

Virgin seem to suggest that if I cancel I could lose my deposit and their normal cancellation policy applies. Then it goes on to say that I can cancel up to three weeks out and receive a voucher for future travel. If they cancel then of course I am entitled to a refund.

Virgin do however allow you to make changes to your booking including dates and destinations...
If what you say is correct then Virgin are offering a voucher after you have paid the final balance if you choose to cancel 3 weeks out ?
Butts1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by bwfc4ife View Post
Thanks for this post. When I went to VH shop yesterday we asked if an extension was possible and she said absolutely not. In fact she went on to say that if we didn’t pay on the due day it would automatically be cancelled by HEad Office.

So, please can you tell me how you went about getting this extension as it would really help us too?

Thanks 😊
Hi, we've been in contact with the groups team since we booked and I emailed them asking if there was anything they could do because I'd read on here other customers saying they had been given an extension. They replied saying they'd extend to 6 weeks before

Hope you can get the same x
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
bwfc4ife
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Twinniemum View Post
Hi, we've been in contact with the groups team since we booked and I emailed them asking if there was anything they could do because I'd read on here other customers saying they had been given an extension. They replied saying they'd extend to 6 weeks before

Hope you can get the same x
Thanks - I'll give it a try later today
bwfc4ife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Carlmelia
Imagineer

Carlmelia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hi

Just been in the phone with VH been told by their CS that the new Flexible Booking Policy is being applied to all existing bookings, they are in the process of working through bookings departing up to 30th August 2021 to manually alter final balance dates from 12 weeks to 6 weeks.

At 6 weeks if there is still no travel the USA authorised then VH would be cancelling on us and we have a full refund, voucher or can book another destination with no change fees.

If we choose to not go at 6 weeks (up to 3 weeks before departure) but VH say the USA is now open for tourists we can have a non-refundable voucher to use up to April 2023. The cancellation sliding scale in the VH normal terms and conditions has been replaced with this new policy.

The CS was excellent and apologised that as we’re not due to go until mid August we’d not had an updated balance due date issued to us yet.
Carlmelia is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
bwfc4ife
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by bwfc4ife View Post
Thanks - I'll give it a try later today
Just to let you know I managed to contact them and they agreed to extend it no problem. Thanks for the advice!
bwfc4ife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

They moved ours, but weirdly to 8 weeks out?
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Stokieuk
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by rjhsteel View Post
They moved ours, but weirdly to 8 weeks out?
Automatically or did you need call?

Ours is due next week
Stokieuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Stokieuk View Post
Automatically or did you need call?

Ours is due next week
Whatsapped them.
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List