Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 May 21, 01:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Jenfie80
Apprentice Imagineer

We had a couple of situations with Will contentment's, my husband was taken out of his Dad will hours before he died, his mum had died a few years earlier and everything was always to be split between the 5 children (husband 1of 5) we didn’t speak to any of his siblings at the time of his father’s death and from what we know, his brother and sister arranged for it to be changed hours from his death! My husband said he would of burnt it anyway! He didn’t want a penny from him! Fast forward a few years and his grandfather died, when he was alive he always spoke about what everyone got when he died, as he had no living children everything was supposed to be left to the 5 of them, but the day after his death, we found out that the will had been changed when he was in hospital with broken hip and everything had been left to his daughter in law( husbands uncle had died a year before) we know this wasn’t what grandad would of ever wanted as he always said you keep your money in your blood family! The daughter in law wasn’t blood! To cut a long story short, the daughter in law offered each of them 6k which was taken as siblings all wanted something( all on benefits) Husband said he couldn’t care less but still very annoying knowing his aunt walked away with around 300k!
Jenfie80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jenfie80 View Post
We had a couple of situations with Will contentment's, my husband was taken out of his Dad will hours before he died, his mum had died a few years earlier and everything was always to be split between the 5 children (husband 1of 5) we didn’t speak to any of his siblings at the time of his father’s death and from what we know, his brother and sister arranged for it to be changed hours from his death! My husband said he would of burnt it anyway! He didn’t want a penny from him! Fast forward a few years and his grandfather died, when he was alive he always spoke about what everyone got when he died, as he had no living children everything was supposed to be left to the 5 of them, but the day after his death, we found out that the will had been changed when he was in hospital with broken hip and everything had been left to his daughter in law( husbands uncle had died a year before) we know this wasn’t what grandad would of ever wanted as he always said you keep your money in your blood family! The daughter in law wasn’t blood! To cut a long story short, the daughter in law offered each of them 6k which was taken as siblings all wanted something( all on benefits) Husband said he couldn’t care less but still very annoying knowing his aunt walked away with around 300k!
I’m sorry that this happened to your husband this is one time I would’ve contested the Grandfather’s will, can you even change a will in hospital, this is surely a little bit dodgy & grossly unfair 😢
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It’s really difficult in the UK and particularly England not to mention time consuming and potentially draining both emotionally and financially. A lot will also depend on how far the process has got and if probate has been granted and the estate distributed according to the will.
First question is what’s the reason that you want to contest?
Was the person contesting financially dependent on the deceased?
Had they been included on earlier wills and later removed?
Do you believe the deceased was coerced or pressurised or of unsound mind when the final will was prepared. This would be notoriously difficult to prove.
Never forget that regardless of any relationships, family standings etc in England nobody has an automatic right to someone else’s money so just being close family has very little bearing.
Your starting point for considering this should be the first question. Why do they think the will was wrong and they are entitled to inherit?
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
SHREKS OTHER1/2
Imagineer

SHREKS OTHER1/2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I am in the middle of one of these nightmares ...I am fortunate i have a fantastic solicitor who had wrote my uncles last 3 wills .Only to find on his passing that his carer had everything . House , money and our family grave . It all came to light when the funeral was to go ahead .I had taken my uncle and he had done a pre paid funeral arrangement .She had changed most things including the venue where he drank as an old merchant seaman .To a pub she once owned .She even went in the funeral car and we went in our own .My Uncle bless him thought she was his Girlfriend ..Except she was married with a husband and a vulture family .The paperwork and information even from Medical reports from hospitals question her position .4 YEARS this June and my bill is around £45/ £50k. I am at a point where it can all go in solicitors fees rather than her get a penny .I have a Caveat set so she cant touch any money or sell the house .It can fall down ...This would never have even come to light until said WITCH told us that my Mum could not be buried with my Dad and grandparents as she now owned the grave deeds ...I ask you would this come up as a normal conversation with a grieving family at a funeral
05,07,09 Sandy Ridge 11 LA,Vegas,SF 12Miami,Sandy Ridge,AMI 13 Vegas 13 Miami,Disney,AMI,KeyWest 14 Memphis,New Orleans,AMI 15 West Caribbean Cruise & Keys 15 Miami, East Caribbean Cruise & AMI 16 Orlando & West Caribbean Cruise, 16 Barbados,17 MSC Caribbean Cruise AMI,17Georgia,Carolina,Orlando & AMI 18 Vegas ,LA & Palm Springs,18 NewYork,Arkansas ,Dallas 19 Barbados Cruise 19 Florida 20 Vegas,LA& Hawaii 20 Arkansas
SHREKS OTHER1/2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SHREKS OTHER1/2 View Post
I am in the middle of one of these nightmares ...I am fortunate i have a fantastic solicitor who had wrote my uncles last 3 wills .Only to find on his passing that his carer had everything . House , money and our family grave . It all came to light when the funeral was to go ahead .I had taken my uncle and he had done a pre paid funeral arrangement .She had changed most things including the venue where he drank as an old merchant seaman .To a pub she once owned .She even went in the funeral car and we went in our own .My Uncle bless him thought she was his Girlfriend ..Except she was married with a husband and a vulture family .The paperwork and information even from Medical reports from hospitals question her position .4 YEARS this June and my bill is around £45/ £50k. I am at a point where it can all go in solicitors fees rather than her get a penny .I have a Caveat set so she cant touch any money oer sell the house .It can fall down ...This would never have even come to light until said WITCH told us that my Mum could not be buried with my Dad and grandparents as she now owned the grave deeds ...I ask you would this come up as a normal conversation with a grieving family at a funeral
OMG that takes my husband's aunt's story to a whole different level. Your legal fees so far show they made the right decision to walk away as her house wasn't really worth very much. The grave deeds is unbelievable.