Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Apr 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
Can you check this flight again please, I looked this morning and seems a lot more seats are gone! I am really hoping they cancel it !
I have taken the details from previous request - hope they are still the same:-

15th May Heathrow to Miami VS5 10.45 am
5th June Miami to Heathrow VS6 5.55pm

VS 5 scheduled to be operated by A330 aircraft

UC - 9 seats occupied, 10 seats unoccupied with 12 blocked
PE - 14 seats occupied, 9 seats unoccupied with 25 blocked
EC - 41 seats occupied, 31 seats unoccupied (all at the back) and all the rest of seats blocked out.

At this stage VS still selling all fare buckets

VS 6 scheduled to be operated by A330 aircraft

UC - 11 seats occupied, 8 seats unoccupied with 12 seats blocked
PE - 33 seats occupied, NO unoccupied seats with 15 seats blocked
EC - 48 seats occupied, 14 seats unoccupied(all at the back) and all the rest of seats blocked out.

Whether VS cancel this flight is subject to so many different variables, Turmp and FCO lifting travel ban are the obvious ones, also as lockdown is still in place for 3 weeks that takes us to 8th May. My instinct is that it will be cancelled but only VS know for certain and they aren't doing anything yet. Really sorry I can't be of more help.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post

EC - 41 seats occupied, 31 seats unoccupied (all at the back) and all the rest of seats blocked out.

EC - 48 seats occupied, 14 seats unoccupied(all at the back) and all the rest of seats blocked out.

Whether VS cancel this flight is subject to so many different variables, Turmp and FCO lifting travel ban are the obvious ones, also as lockdown is still in place for 3 weeks that takes us to 8th May. My instinct is that it will be cancelled but only VS know for certain and they aren't doing anything yet. Really sorry I can't be of more help.
Thank you, I have noticed they have cancelled this route up to the 10th May, so hopefully they just being slow! If they cancel the outbount flight, I suppose the will cancel my return journery at same time?
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Congratulations on the 10th birthday 🎂
Old 18 Apr 20, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Thank you, I have noticed they have cancelled this route up to the 10th May, so hopefully they just being slow! If they cancel the outbount flight, I suppose the will cancel my return journery at same time?
I wouldn't necessarily expect them to do that with regard to the return flight but you would be entitled to a full refund if they cancel just the outbound sector. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Edited to add it was nice to be able to check a flight for a change even though its not in the best of circumstances.

Edited at 10:42 AM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Hiya, can you tell yourself if this has been cancelled now, it is no longer showing but they still havent cancelled, just saying there is a schedule change and click accept changes if happy (no button to click and won't click if there was! )
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Hiya, can you tell yourself if this has been cancelled now, it is no longer showing but they still havent cancelled, just saying there is a schedule change and click accept changes if happy (no button to click and won't click if there was! )
I can't find the outbound on any of the sites I use and I am sure I have seen something today about flights up to 17th May(that's why I am concentrating on that date first of all) - will look into it further and edit this reply when I can.

EDITED here:-

I found this in Routes Online - "Virgin Atlantic have now removed passenger flights until 10th May. A further week – until the 17th May is now unavailable for reservation on top, making it highly unlikely that Virgin will operate passenger flights until at least mid-May".

Have they actually told you what the schedule changes are? I would ring/whatsapp or similar to contact them if you can, when appropriate make note of date, time and agent reference and don't agree to anything. It will probably be difficult to get through whatever means you try but with the 72 hour in advance of travel restriction still in place. Tthe FCO and DHS still haven't changed their advice on travel and I think VS are just trying to delay the inevitable.

Edited at 12:48 PM.
Old 25 Apr 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

I can't find the outbound on any of the sites I use and I am sure I have seen something today about flights up to 17th May(that's why I am concentrating on that date first of all) - will look into it further and edit this reply when I can.

Have they actually told you what the schedule changes are? I would ring/whatsapp or similar to contact them if you can, wen appropriate make note of date, time and agent reference and don't agree to anything. It will probably be difficult to get through whatever means you try but with the 72 hour in advance of travel restriction still in place. Tthe FCO and DHS still haven't changed their advice on travel and I think VS are just trying to delay the inevitable.
They haven't mentioned what the schedule changes are on the my booking, I have Whatsapped them just waiting for a reply, thank you for your help
Old 25 Apr 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
They haven't mentioned what the schedule changes are on the my booking, I have Whatsapped them just waiting for a reply, thank you for your help
Have amended my post as I found out a very small bit of information about VS intentions but no "concrete" news about cancellations in it.

Happy (perhaps not the right word to use at the minute) to help as best I can.
Old 27 Apr 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Have amended my post as I found out a very small bit of information about VS intentions but no "concrete" news about cancellations in it.

Happy (perhaps not the right word to use at the minute) to help as best I can.
They officially cancelled the flight today by email, thanks for your help, I'l be back next year!
Old 27 Apr 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
They officially cancelled the flight today by email, thanks for your help, I'l be back next year!
Thanks for letting me know at least you know where you stand and I think we both knew it was inevitable but until official confirmation its never certain. Get that application in for a refund asap

Look forward to doing your next flight - hopefully one that will take off

Perhaps I should change the name of the thread to "Is my flight empty?"

Edited at 10:09 PM.
Closed Thread