Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 23 Jan 21, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by iloveholidays1 View Post
We've used Bodmin as a base for North Cornwall, don't forget the camel trail if you like walking, biking..
It’s one heck of a walk.. and a really nice cycle.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by anji View Post
Our son was also at Uni in Falmouth at the Penryn campus. We stayed many times at the Bay View B&B and would highly recommend it Lived up to the name with the view!
Thanks I’ll have a look at that B&B. My daughter stayed at packsaddle accommodation at Penryn campus in her first year but her course is based at Falmouth campus. This year (when she’s allowed back) she’s living about a 5 min walk from Falmouth campus.

The one bonus about her going there is the lovely holidays we get to have. The downside is the 8 hour drive.
dizzzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thank you to all for your suggestions, especially CFB. I have been looking for weeks and just couldn’t find just what I wanted ( well not in my budget anyway !)

I have finally booked a modern house in Penryn. It is free cancellation so that gives me peace of mind. Nice having a few trips to look forward to !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Thank you to all for your suggestions, especially CFB. I have been looking for weeks and just couldn’t find just what I wanted ( well not in my budget anyway !)

I have finally booked a modern house in Penryn. It is free cancellation so that gives me peace of mind. Nice having a few trips to look forward to !
Well make sure you pop round and see me then!
I have never met another DIBBER.

Can I ask where exactly you are staying?

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Well make sure you pop round and see me then!
I have never met another DIBBER.

Can I ask where exactly you are staying?
It is on Chandler Park and looks like a new estate.
I may be asking you lots of questions nearer the time so hope you don’t mind
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I know Chandler park very well. I visited the show home and in addition, used to live in the neighbouring estate.

They are all but new and the standard of build is very high indeed, a local builder. The appliances are high spec also. You will be delighted.

You are around 200 yds downhill walk from Sea Water and really well situated.

Probably the best new build, estate houses in Penryn Falmouth. You picked well.

Ask all the questions you like!
Old 7 Mar 21, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
I know Chandler park very well. I visited the show home and in addition, used to live in the neighbouring estate.

They are all but new and the standard of build is very high indeed, a local builder. The appliances are high spec also. You will be delighted.

You are around 200 yds downhill walk from Sea Water and really well situated.

Probably the best new build, estate houses in Penryn Falmouth. You picked well.

Ask all the questions you like!
Thank you so much. We haven’t been to Cornwall for quite a while and we are looking forward to lots of walks, nice meals and hopefully a bit of sun.
Old 7 Mar 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thank you so much. We haven’t been to Cornwall for quite a while and we are looking forward to lots of walks, nice meals and hopefully a bit of sun.
You should get a glut of walks , it is generally agreed that Falmouth has more good restaurants than anywhere else in Cornwall (if it isn’t good it fails because there is an oversupply) and the sun? .. fingers crossed for you.

How many miles do you consider as a minimum for a walk and what do you want to see? We obviously have lots of dramatic coast, but also plenty of heritage stuff, ruins and the like from the industrial past.

Old 7 Mar 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

When are you going?
We're there in May and September 😉
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
You should get a glut of walks , it is generally agreed that Falmouth has more good restaurants than anywhere else in Cornwall (if it isn’t good it fails because there is an oversupply) and the sun? .. fingers crossed for you.

How many miles do you consider as a minimum for a walk and what do you want to see? We obviously have lots of dramatic coast, but also plenty of heritage stuff, ruins and the like from the industrial past.
We usually walk about 10 miles but would go a bit further on a full day if there are plenty of pub/ cafe stops. Minimum would be a couple of hours. I have noted the Gunpowder works you mentioned previously as a definite. I do like something to see along the way, ruins etc. Wouldn’t mind a decent route into Falmouth to save looking for parking and we can have a drink in an evening.

Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
When are you going?
We're there in May and September 😉
I have booked for early July. Daughter has her GCSE’s so I hope there are no more amendments to dates !