Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 31 Jan 21, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by florida_noob View Post
Thats the one!
Near to Pwllheli, just off the road from Caernarfon to Pwllheli, it’s about 10 minutes drive from where we live!

If you get good weather you’ll be spoiled for choice with fabulous beaches, then off the top of my head you’ve got all these within a short drive

Abersoch
Porthdinllaen- the TyCoch pub on the beach
Criccieth
Porthmadog
Llanberis/snowdon
Zip World
Anglesey
Aberdaron

Restaurants/Pubs

Dylan’s- criccieth
Pontoon - Pwllheli
The Goat - criccieth
The Ship - Edern
The Cliffs & The Bryn Cynan- Morfa Nefyn

And you’ve got a lovely garden centre with a fab cafe right across the road from you
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_noob
Very Serious Dibber

Ive not been to the Llyn for around 10yrs, (lads golfing weekend to Abersoch and Nefyn) if we get the weather it will be brilliant, and its so handy for the places you mention. lots of places i've not been to since a child, so looking forward to reliving a bit of my childhood. also looking forward to staying on a farm, the restoration of the farmhouse is amazing. great to have something booked and looking forward to it., closer to the time I am sure I will have more questions and having someone really local on this thread is brilliant.
florida_noob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by florida_noob View Post
Ive not been to the Llyn for around 10yrs, (lads golfing weekend to Abersoch and Nefyn) if we get the weather it will be brilliant, and its so handy for the places you mention. lots of places i've not been to since a child, so looking forward to reliving a bit of my childhood. also looking forward to staying on a farm, the restoration of the farmhouse is amazing. great to have something booked and looking forward to it., closer to the time I am sure I will have more questions and having someone really local on this thread is brilliant.
Just ask away, happy to help with any questions you have x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
tfmay
Getting Excited

Looks lovely, given me the inspiration to get on and seriously think about somewhere like this for Whitsun school holiday at end of may or when they finish in July as not confident we will be going anywhere overseas with all the potential restrictions that may still be in place ... I too looked at Devon and Cornwall but was put off by the prices of the accommodation that looked really nice.
We’ve always wanted to do north Wales so we could go to Zipworld so maybe this is the year we should take the plunge and do it, just so use to hopping over to Florida and Europe for shorter breaks so I don’t know where to start in the UK (plus him indoors will calculate where he could fly to in the time we drive anywhere from Norfolk &#128512
tfmay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 21, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Well Op your thread has inspired me to book north wales for august
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 21, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princess Alison View Post
Well Op your thread has inspired me to book north wales for august
Wonderful, which part are you going to?
Old 3 Feb 21, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Wonderful, which part are you going to?
We go every year - except last year 🙁🙁🙁 - we've stayed near conwy, criccieth, Rhyd ddu, Dolgellau, Llyn peninsula

There wasn't much of a choice this year but we've found a place at the foot of snowdon overlooking snowdon horseshoe
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 21, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princess Alison View Post
We go every year - except last year 🙁🙁🙁 - we've stayed near conwy, criccieth, Rhyd ddu, Dolgellau, Llyn peninsula

There wasn't much of a choice this year but we've found a place at the foot of snowdon overlooking snowdon horseshoe
Think it’s going to be a busy summer for staycations this year x
Old 3 Feb 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Think it’s going to be a busy summer for staycations this year x
We love north wales - so glad we've found a place to stay and hope it goes ahead. I'd move to north wales in a flash !
Old 3 Feb 21, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

Zip world is fab, and bounce below.
We stayed in an air bnb a year or so ago called Fairy Glenn. Was lovely and a 2 min drive to zipworld.
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List