Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 7 Feb 21, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I am confident this week that Lanzarote will happen. I have had my vaccine already and hopefully husband will soon. We haven’t stayed in an all inclusive hotel for years and it does look quite posh ( well for us anyway ! )

Admittedly with Cornwall I probably am being quite fussy as to facilities and where I want to go, we need three bedrooms and don’t want a caravan. Son is 23, daughter 16 and we need space.
When we know about daughters GCSE’s I am hoping we will be able to go away before the official school holiday starts.
I’m trying not to get too excited about our Majorca holiday yet but as DH and I are in the 55-60 group I’m hopeful that will go ahead. Ours is AI too and also a bit posh 😂 so it will be such a treat

For a family who needs extra rooms, I would suggest checking out Airbnb once you know the dates as they have so many different sizes of houses and are far more comfortable than a caravan. I hope you manage to find something that suits you all 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 21, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Great thread In April we are booked to go to Estepona, but I am just waiting for BA to cancel that.

In may we are all booked to go to the Cotswolds for the weekend staying in a lodge in the Cotswolds Waterpark retreat here:
cotswoldwaterparkretreats.co...ge/kingfisher/

I've never been to the Cotswolds before so looking to see what there is to do. If anyone has some suggestions that would be great We are really looking forward to it.

In August Mexico is booked, but whether that happens, who knows. I'm looking into Cornwall as an alternative
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 21, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
Great thread In April we are booked to go to Estepona, but I am just waiting for BA to cancel that.

In may we are all booked to go to the Cotswolds for the weekend staying in a lodge in the Cotswolds Waterpark retreat here:
cotswoldwaterparkretreats.co...ge/kingfisher/

I've never been to the Cotswolds before so looking to see what there is to do. If anyone has some suggestions that would be great We are really looking forward to it.

In August Mexico is booked, but whether that happens, who knows. I'm looking into Cornwall as an alternative
The lodge looks gorgeous, and the Cotswolds is a lovely area of the UK, we often go there with our touring caravan. I think everyone who visits has a favourite town/village as they are all different. Our favourite is Bourton on the Water, we love strolling along the river and stopping in a beer garden for a pub lunch. The bird gardens there are worth a visit too, it’s not a huge attraction but we use our Tesco vouchers for it and it’s a good way to spend a couple of hours. Another place we love to visit is Cotswolds Wildlife Park, we are keen visitors of wildlife parks and I think this is probably our favourite. Apart from a lovely collection of animals, it has lovely spaces to sit and picnic and beautiful gardens. A bonus for us is that it allows dogs on leads too

Fingers crossed for your Mexico trip, we were going there last October but obviously didn’t make it. It’s on the list for whenever we can safely go again though
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 21, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
The lodge looks gorgeous, and the Cotswolds is a lovely area of the UK, we often go there with our touring caravan. I think everyone who visits has a favourite town/village as they are all different. Our favourite is Bourton on the Water, we love strolling along the river and stopping in a beer garden for a pub lunch. The bird gardens there are worth a visit too, it’s not a huge attraction but we use our Tesco vouchers for it and it’s a good way to spend a couple of hours. Another place we love to visit is Cotswolds Wildlife Park, we are keen visitors of wildlife parks and I think this is probably our favourite. Apart from a lovely collection of animals, it has lovely spaces to sit and picnic and beautiful gardens. A bonus for us is that it allows dogs on leads too

Fingers crossed for your Mexico trip, we were going there last October but obviously didn’t make it. It’s on the list for whenever we can safely go again though
Thank you That's a great help and good luck with getting back to Mexico
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 21, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

End of April center parcs - I’m not sure that will go ahead.
December - New York - (we were supposed to go last year)

Summer - ideally Switzerland. But I’m not convinced we will be allowed. So I’m thinking either Wales, or Cornwall. But I don’t really want to book anywhere as I’d rather go to Switzerland! So I think I’ll wait and see what happens.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 21, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by porridge View Post
End of April center parcs - I’m not sure that will go ahead.
December - New York - (we were supposed to go last year)

Summer - ideally Switzerland. But I’m not convinced we will be allowed. So I’m thinking either Wales, or Cornwall. But I don’t really want to book anywhere as I’d rather go to Switzerland! So I think I’ll wait and see what happens.
Fingers crossed that your trips can go ahead. Switzerland would be wonderful I’m sure, but at least you have a few back up ideas in case you can’t book Switzerland.
Old 11 Feb 21, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

We have a break in Derbyshire at Easter which I’m expecting to be cancelled. We’ve already had center Parcs cancelled for next week (this was booked last January before the pandemic). We’re booked to go to Cornwall in May half term, Scotland in July and Norfolk in August. I’ve booked them all with refundable/no quibble refund rates. If we can go abroad we would but I’m not prepared to wait to book something for peak holidays, last year we struggled to get anything in August so we’ve booked. I’m not convinced we’ll be allowed in to Scotland at this rate tho!

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vickitoria10 View Post
We have a break in Derbyshire at Easter which I’m expecting to be cancelled. We’ve already had center Parcs cancelled for next week (this was booked last January before the pandemic). We’re booked to go to Cornwall in May half term, Scotland in July and Norfolk in August. I’ve booked them all with refundable/no quibble refund rates. If we can go abroad we would but I’m not prepared to wait to book something for peak holidays, last year we struggled to get anything in August so we’ve booked. I’m not convinced we’ll be allowed in to Scotland at this rate tho!
Sounds as if you have some lovely plans ahead, so many places are offering easy refunds now so it seems safe to book. I really hope they all go ahead for you 😀

Peak weeks can get booked so quickly and even more so this year I feel, especially places such as Cornwall and the Lake District which are always the most popular areas. Norfolk is beautiful too, although we’ve not been there for years as it’s such a long drive from Wales. The same with Scotland, it’s an area we’d love to visit but the long drive puts us off.

I hope you have lovely holidays and the weather is good for us all here in the UK this year 😀
Old 13 Feb 21, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

We have a few weekend breaks booked, Cambridge in May with the girls, was supposed to be in Spain then but will be happy if we can get away here.
Some of my friends have book 2 apartments in case rule of 6 is the rule and a friend and I are joining for one night but in a travelodge.
Oh and I have Lionel Richie in Nottingham which is mid June. Dd is at uni there so will stay with her.
Latitude which is near us in July, another girls weekend and praying it goes ahead. We have a camper van but I will camp outside.
One more girls weekend in Brighton, it’s one of our friends 50th and another’s 60th this year so lots of celebrations and that is in September. A lovely hotel booked for that.
Oh and I have Reading to rebook from last year with another couple.
Oh and I recently booked Budapest for September and Mexico for late November so hoping air travel will be back by then.
The main thing I have planned for summer is returning to my job at an AI 5* holiday resort.
I miss it so much.

Edited at 09:54 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 21, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by roxie2001 View Post
We have a few weekend breaks booked, Cambridge in May with the girls, was supposed to be in Spain then but will be happy if we can get away here.
Some of my friends have book 2 apartments in case rule of 6 is the rule and a friend and I are joining for one night but in a travelodge.
Oh and I have Lionel Richie in Nottingham which is mid June. Dd is at uni there so will stay with her.
Latitude which is near us in July, another girls weekend and praying it goes ahead. We have a camper van but I will camp outside.
One more girls weekend in Brighton, it’s one of our friends 50th and another’s 60th this year so lots of celebrations and that is in September. A lovely hotel booked for that.
Oh and I have Reading to rebook from last year with another couple.
Oh and I recently booked Budapest for September and Mexico for late November so hoping air travel will be back by then.
The main thing I have planned for summer is returning to my job at an AI 5* holiday resort.
I miss it so much.
That’s a lot of lovely plans, it will be so good to spend time with family and friends on holiday this summer if it’s possible. I don’t think it matters hugely if it’s ‘just’ in the UK, it’s the spending time with our special people that makes it fun 😀

Budapest and Mexico are 2 places I’d love to visit. Our eldest son visited Budapest a few years ago and was stunned at how pretty it was. As you know we had Mexico cancelled last October and I want to rebook one year. I hope you get more luck than us and manage to go, you can give me tips for our future trip then 😂